Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen best strategy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Gixen best strategy Reply with quote

hi,

i wanted to ask how exactly this works. I am currently losing a bid on ebay. Do I enter my 'maximum' bid on Gixen and let it do all the work? Does Gixen then snipe at increments or what? What are the mechanics behind this program? Please could somebody explain a good way of using this program. Thanks !

mks
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes just enter your maximum bid amount.

Gixen will only ever submit one bid for that amount at about 5 seconds before the auction ends. Then eBay takes over with it's proxy system so that the amount you pay if you should win is what the next highest bidder was prepared to bid/pay plus one increment (possibly less if your bid is less than one increment above that of the next highest bidder).

This is what sniping means.. the strategy (Bid only once and as late as possible) has proven in general to get items at a better price.... any other strategy generally inflates the final auction price and costs you more if you do win.

Note that if with 5 seconds to go the high bid stands at greater than one incremant below your bid, gixen will try to submit your bid but eBay will not accept it, in that case nothing appears on eBay, but if you had tried to bid that amount manually exactly the same would have happened, ebay would not let you submit the bid.

The only time you will pay your full bid amount is if another bidder is prepared to pay only one increment (or less) than your bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.