Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"Use automatic configuration script\" issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndumdr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: \"Use automatic configuration script\" issues Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was just sniping on this item (192146880976) and my snipe failed. I know it is my fault but I have just have some problems on following the instructions provided.
So in the instructions for Chrome, they said I had to "use automatic configuration script" through the LAN settings button. I unticked "automatically detect settings" ticked the button for "Use automatic config script" and entered the proxy link for Gixen. The next step is to refresh the instructions page to check to see if the proxy thing worked. So I refreshed the instructions page + gixen page, and it said something along the lines of like, the proxy link doesn't connect to the site or something?
And same goes for eBay. Apparently the instruction page is supposed to work after I use auto config script, but it didn't for me. Only after I untick "use auto config script" and retick "automatically detect settings," basically undoing the steps, did eBay and Gixen work. So I wonder if Gixen will effectively snipe for me now or is it still not connected? Sorry if this is unclear.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that you are trying to configure the Gixen socks proxy ?

However Mario recently reported here:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8193

that he has deliberately shut it down, as it is no longer a useful tool.

So, now I think Mario should also remove the links that appear to the configuration instructions for it... otherwise this is going to continue to waste peoples time when they try to use it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.