Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Chicago and Miami showing different results/st for same ite

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eamonn23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Chicago and Miami showing different results/st for same ite Reply with quote

This is odd. For item #382023780178, Gixen Main Chicago says I won the item with my bid of 2.00 and shows the end price (Current price) as 0.00 Euro (yes, zero). This is incorrect. The Miami Mirror shows the correct status, i.e. that I was outsniped. This really is odd.
If I click History, I see more bad summaries,
e.g. item #382021971640, which I won, it shows my bid and the final price correctly, but under status says my bid was under the asking price -- this is wrong, mine was the winning bid.
Further on it lists item #382019350758 (which I won) twice, once with status simply ENDED and once with BID UNDER ASKING PRICE.
I havent checked back any further. There is clearly something wrong but it doesnt seem to affect the actual sniping/bidding process.
Perhaps its just a glitch in the reporting of status in my account?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of questions here, forgive me if I miss some.

The 'Outsniped' process has to be undertaken after the auction is completed by checking the auction once again.. sometimes that process doesn't complete successfully... this will be the reason for the incorrect status on the Main server, it reverts to assuming that since the bid was successfully placed as the highest, when it was placed, that it must have won, since there is no further information indicating that it didn't.

The History display is I believe an amalgamation of what happened on the Main and the Mirror servers, if one server gets the bid in first the other will often be blocked by Ebay saying you need to bid more than you have already bid, hence 'Bid Under Asking Price', but the other servers bid may well win. This will be the reason for that erroneous History record... I agree that Mario needs to address the transfer of bidding history from the servers into the History area in order to avoid that issue.

Double history listings will be because records from both servers have not been amalgamated, but just transferred as is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.