Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Australia DST ended Sunday

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayski57

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Australia DST ended Sunday Reply with quote

DST ended last Sunday, my snipes are showing as ended 1 hour before their actual end.
Any attempt to change them has them deleted.
Too late to fix before these auctions, bitterly disappointed
This manifests both on the web interface and GDM.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please let me know at least one item id? There are no DST issues on Gixen for a long time - if there is one I would like to know about it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is odd, because Gixen servers don't operate in a timezone that ever has time saving changes.

In my experience I have never seen Ebay actually change the duration of an auction as a result of a localized time shift, they generally just let the auction end time get shifted by the same amount as the time shift.

The result being that Gixen doesn't have to take account of local time change arrangements.

Can you provide example auctions that this has affected, so that Mario can look behind the scenes and see what is happening ?

It might also be useful if you say what your target Ebay site is on the Gixen Settings page.
rayski57

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Australian DST finished Sunday Reply with quote

Sorry to upset your apple cart, but this appears to be DST related.

It was working fine last week and then when I had to place some snipes today it was giving me loads of grief.
I had 3 auctions I was attempting to place snipes on at around 1hr before they were due to end AEST.
Gixen initially took the snipes, then said that they had ended.
Any attempt to modify the snipes ended with an error "Could not add this item nnnnnnnnnnnn (1,1) and the entry being deleted.
Trying to delete and relist them gave the same error.
Tried GDM and it would load them and then showed them as ended.
2 that I have the item no. for are 292075998692 & 292075998009.
The latter I successfully manually sniped so it wasn't related to the item or my account.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Australian DST finished Sunday

rayski57

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Australian DST finished Sunday Reply with quote

oops meant to add that Country is set to Australia and so is the ebay site.
There should be no complicating factors other than some odd time difference (to the tune of 1 hour) creeping in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this doesn't sound like a timing issue... but another report of the network issue that Mario has already commented on in the other threads that have been updated today... please see below your thread.
rayski57

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Australia DST ended Sunday Reply with quote

Not entirely convinced that's the case, but it's all academic now as it appears to be working again.
Thanks for your interest in helping to resolve the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.