Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why aren't our eBay accounts linked, if all bids....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Curious user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Why aren't our eBay accounts linked, if all bids.... Reply with quote

Are coming from the same IP address. We all know what happens to an account if it ever gets linked to a bad one!

And I'm sure there have been some banned users using this service! So, what's stopping us all from being linked?!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fair question.

Actually, a fair number of IP addresses are used by Gixen to submit bids these days, not just one.

If, and when, Ebay target a specific IP address Gixen can be configured not to use that one until Ebay lifts the restriction on that IP.

As you would expect, most of Ebays blocking mechanisms appear to be automated, they must have those tools tailored to manage the operations of third party sites, like Gixen... I'm sure if a human, at Ebay, actually examined the traffic coming from the Gixen servers they would quickly realize that it was a sniping service and not any sort of attempt to enable banned users from accessing their service via another route, and thus realize that placing restrictions on all users of that service would be counter productive to their own operations.
Curious user

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope!

Come to think of it, the ID I use with the service is a severely limited account because of association with one of my banned accounts.

5 items a month and 300 dollars is all I can sell through it lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.