Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bidding on eBay Malaysia and Singapore

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kittycat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Bidding on eBay Malaysia and Singapore Reply with quote

Hi Gixen,
I have been using Gixen for many auctions on eBay UK before and all have been good. I would like now to bid on item on eBay Malaysia using Gixen too but I notice that on eBay Malaysia site the page says "Place bid" and if you click on it, it opens to another window asking for "Maximum bid". Unlike UK eBay which says "Maximum bid" on the main page. So if I bid an item on Malaysia eBay using Gixen, and place maximum bid on Gixen, will it work on eBay Malaysia? My registered address now is in Malaysia.

I see the same two steps action for eBay Singapore too.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay allows bids on most auctions from all locations to be placed via any of its' portals.

So even with a target (set on the Settings page) of the United Kingdom site, you should still be able to bid on auctions that were submitted via any other.

As a general rule, if you are able to add the snipe to Gixen then it will be able to place the bid for you.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Kittycat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chat with the Malaysia eBay customer service online and they informed me that the Malaysia ebay bidding system is different to the UK ebay that it has a two step process. The first page is the amount you want to bid for and it will be that amount, and only on the second page is the maximum bid amount where the eBay automatic bid will take place.

For an example if an item is currently at RM500 and I place a bid of RM520 on the first page, and RM600 on the second page as maximum bid, Malaysia eBay will automatically increase the item to RM520 and have my RM600 as my maximum bid instead of using bid increment of RM502.50 (bid increment for this value is RM2.50). However if I place RM600 on the first page, the item will automatically go up to RM600 without using the eBay automatic bid system.

So if I use Gixen maximum bid for RM600, will it be registered on the first page or as the second page maximum bid? I really don't want to have to pay my maximum bid if I can avoid it.

Thank you
Kittycat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo!

I have done a test run for an item which was very cheap but nevertheless needed. Gixen works as normal just like how it worked on UK ebay.

Conclusion: Gixen maximum bid and ebay automatic bidding works smoothly for Malaysia ebay.

Do take note: when I chat with the Malaysia ebay customer support online they also mentioned to me that Malaysia ebay does not run automatic bidding, however from my research on other items and on the item i just won above, ebay automatic bidding does work for Malaysia ebay......provided you use the maximum bid window.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kittycat,

I'm glad it works for you, as I thought it would, but you haven't understood my post, or how Gixen works.

Gixen will never submit an bid on the Malaysian site, it submits bids via the site you have set as your Target on the Gixen Settings page.

This works for you because Ebay allows you to bid on most items via any of their sites.
Kittycat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark for your response. And thank you for pointing out the Target site on Setting. I didn't even know it existed. Now I am learning about this further and shall have better understanding of its function after going through other Target topic.

By the way my second bid, which was for the main auction I wanted to bid on, went through smoothly. I am happy that I won the item, thanks to Gixen. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.