Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First time user Gixen did not work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solosheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: First time user Gixen did not work Reply with quote

Hello

I used this service for the first time today on item 401266370151 I used the desktop app and put in a bid of GBP 100 it sold for GBP 68 so I should have won. I did not change PW etc and I was told it was ok to turn off the computer. There is one more item coming which is the same and I want to use the service but worried it won't work again. what might have gone wrong

Thanks

Richard
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give the snipe after the auction had finished ?
Solosheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: How to I check Reply with quote

How do I check that? I've logged onto the desktop app and tried to see. All I can see is my second attempt which is set at 100 GBP and in "not grouped"
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have now deleted the snipe, you can't. Only Mario will be able to access that snipe now.

After the auction you need to update the display by pushing the 'Refresh Gixen Status' button, in order to see what happened with a particular snipe.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Solosheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: No delete Reply with quote

Hi I did not delete anything. I did not have that option on the desktop app to refresh Gixen status. It would be good to know what happened as at the moment I can't trust it to work Sad
Rickajho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you did not delete that first snipe - bid history only displays in gixen Desktop Manager or the bid page on the web site for a temporary period. I believe up to 48 hours after the end of the auction.

If you paid for the mirror service you can log in to gixen using the web page and access your bid history going back to some point in 2014 though. There's a big button right there to access your bid history for mirror customers. That history would still show the status of any failed bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This auction only ended a couple of hours ago, so if a snipe was scheduled and it was not deleted, it should still be present in the Gixen Desktop display and here via the web interface.

So, either it was never scheduled or it was deleted, any other scenario would be a defect in the Gixen software that no-one else has reported, yet.

The 'Refresh Gixen Status' button is on the top right of the Gixen Desktop Manager, in the version that I am running.
Solosheep

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Download Reply with quote

Ok I have downloaded the software yesterday and I saw my bid. I did not delete it but can't see it now. I have only one bid present which is the new one
I will check the webpage to see as I'm on mobile device now. But it is strange. I'm not a paid member yet.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will have to wait to see what happens with the next snipe... My best guess is that your first one was not properly scheduled, for some reason, we may never know.

If you can see your next snipe, either here via the web interface or in the Gixen Desktop Manager, then it is scheduled.
Solosheep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Another bid Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that we shall see I have gone on the website and placed another bid however I also placed a lower bid on eBay itself. If it gets to 6 seconds before the end and my manual bid on eBay is still the highest will Gixen be cleaver enough to know it's the same account and not bid?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen will bid if it can.

However, the way Ebay works is that if you have the two highest bids you don't pay anything extra... effectively you can't outbid yourself, because the price does not rise as a result of you placing higher and higher bids.

So you lost nothing by doing this, other than having encouraged others to try and outbid the bid you have already placed, and, given you recent experience, I understand why you have done it, on this occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see thanks for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.