Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Password authentication

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reag_russ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Password authentication Reply with quote

I just got locked out for 6 failed login attempts. I can log in to eBay without issue using the same credentials. And these credentials worked fine yesterday here. Any suggestions?
quick_deal06

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Same issue with authentication Reply with quote

Hi there, I seem to have the same issue as OP regarding eBay authentication captchas. I am able to log into my eBay account after authenticating however I have been locked out of gixen for two hours now after presenting an 'incorrect' password which I know to be correct. I have also tried to connect using gixen proxy to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful to know what errors/issues you are getting when trying to connect to Ebay with the Gixen socks proxy enabled... There might be a general issue with that which Mario could fix and thus help everyone to more easily help themselves if they encounter this issue.

As advised elsewhere if all else fails I recommend reverting to email, Mario is available direct at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above. Mario is usually able to respond within a day or so.
quick_deal06

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re:Cupid Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Cupid.

I was getting this error even when I presented my correct eBay credentials on gixen-

Quote:
Password is not a match. Could not log you in.

eBay refused your password. Please check the following:

I then set my browser to use gixen proxy successfully, cleared my browser cookies and history, logged into eBay again(same issue where eBay initially rejected my password with the 'Oops, that's not a match' error, popped up the captcha field, filling my password again along with the captcha allowed me to log in to eBay. However, I still am not able to login to eBay on gixen as I continue to get this error-

Quote:
Wrong password, or your password may not be strong enough, resulting in eBay requesting captcha verification code. If you are sure your password is correct, please read below..

On the whatsmyip page of gixen it indicates
Quote:
This means that you are connected to Gixen socks proxy.

I subsequently get locked out of gixen for an hour if I try to login 5 times in a row.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re:Cupid

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed explanation quick_deal06,

I wonder if, perhaps, the Gixen socks proxy is going via a slightly different IP address than your password verification with Ebay when you try to log on via the Gixen site proper... Mario will know whether or not this is the case and whether that may be the root of your continuing to have an issue even after removing the block placed by Ebay on the location represented by the proxy.

I know Mario has more than one IP for the Main server that he uses now, in order to be able to manage the number of snipes and thus connections that Gixen has to Ebay... But if Ebay takes issue with the specific one Gixen is using for you with your account, if it is slightly different from the one the socks proxy is using I envisage a situation where you are able to resolve it via the proxy but still have the issue with logging into the site, and with it being able to place bids for you... Mario would need to tweak the socks proxy configuration specifically for you, in that case, to exactly match the IP being used for your account when the site tries to log you in so that you can then remove the captcha block that Ebay has imposed specifically for that IP.

Best to speak to Mario direct via email about this, I think.. so that is still what I recommend that you do.

Ebay are certainly not making it any easier to get around the road blocks that they keep throwing up for people these days.
thesupe87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the "Oops, that's not a match." warning at first login with the correct password now as well. I cleared my cookies, restarted my browser, even changed my password. I'm guessing maybe all the activity on my account and sniping recently has caused my account to get flagged?

Do you guys suggest that I contact ebay support to find out if they can fix it? Has anyone ever had this? It's annoying to have to log in twice and enter the 6 digit captcha. On my android ebay app i don't have to enter any captcha... but I still can't log in through gixen. I may have to try the gixen proxy thing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes if you are being given links to the instructions about setting up the Gixen socks proxy, then I'd advise you to do that.

That way you get to see exactly what Gixen sees when it tries to log in to your Ebay account via the Gixen server.. and you can see exactly what needs to be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.