Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

puzzled about country settinggs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greendragonette

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:38 am    Post subject: puzzled about country settinggs Reply with quote

Please advise!! I have just changed my country setting to Uk as that's where I am, and the main gixen site to UK. But back on my home page it says 'main site Chicago' and 'mirror site Miami'. Surely this is not right? I am a bit worried now as I have one active snipe and maybe it won't work now?! It also says I have to edit the snipe after changing settings, which I have done, but can I double check that the active snipe is ok? Question Question
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chicago and Miami relate to different Gixen servers, you can not control where Gixen servers are located and it has nothing to do with the Country settings.

The first Country setting, just affects where the links within the snipes point... so when you click on them, which Ebay site you end up on.

The Target setting changes the Ebay site on which Gixen bids. So since you are in the UK it does make sense for it to bid via the UK site.

N.B. All Ebay servers are actually located in the US, as are all the Gixen servers. So there wouldn't be any advantage in Gixen placing servers in other countries around the world, it would actually move them further away from the servers on which bids need to be registered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.