Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Too many failed login attempts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
microshnik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Too many failed login attempts Reply with quote

I've had an active (I think) session in Gixen for several days now, and when I just tried switching between the Main and Mirror tabs and back again I got this message:

Your account has been suspended for the following reason: Too many failed login attempts (2).
The suspension will automatically be lifted after one hour. Please verify your password on eBay first before trying again.

I'm perplexed by this because 1) my credentials have not changed (e.g. this is not a case of eBay resetting my password), and 2) I didn't get any prior notification of a failed login.

I'm happy to say that I don't need access to my snipes in the next hour nor do I have any scheduled to execute in that window, but I'd really like to understand what's going on here. Also, if I *did* have snipes scheduled within the lock-out hour, would they execute or not?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine that it is due to a time-out on the web session login, if you have had it open for several days.

It would not affect snipes being executed by the servers, it will only affect your ability to log in to your account for an hour.

I'd recommend logging out and back in, once every few days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.