Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Winning bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickd*123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Winning bid Reply with quote

I added a snipe & mirror snipe of GBP 161.55 (both set at 3sec) for item 222309135603. There was already a bid of GBP 99 on the item from someone else but I won it for the GBP 161.55. There were 3 bids altogether including mine.
It seems strange that the winning bid was for the exact amount of my snipe, being an unusual amount & I am now wondering if I won the bid against my mirror snipe which in effect pushed the price up to GBP 161.55 ?
Please tell me this isn't true.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the bidding the other bid was actually 158.88, the reason you only saw it as 99.00 before you bid was placed is because that is how Ebay works...

Ebay only ever shows the bid to be, at most, one bid increment more than the next highest bid... no matter how much more it actually is, this is known as the proxy bidding system. If there are no other bids it is shown as the starting bid amount... in this case 99.00.

When you bid was placed it was less than one bid increment more than that bid, that is why you have to pay the full amount of your bid... not because you have a Mirror account. If your bid had been 5000.00, you would only have had to pay 163.88 because the bid increment in that price range is 5.00:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/bid-increments.html

Ebay never makes you pay more if you place more bids from the same account... the price only rises when others bid against you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.