Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

snipes failing several hours or even days out - captcha cod

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: snipes failing several hours or even days out - captcha cod Reply with quote

How do snipes fail several hours or even days away from the auction ending? I wasn't aware that any action was taken anytime before the snipe actually goes off
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming that the status of the cancelled snipes indicates that a Captcha code was issued by Ebay. This is usually an indication that Ebay want something extra from you, perhaps a valid credit card registered against the account.

If Gixen has trouble accessing your account on a previous snipe it will cancel all subsequent snipes.

This is done to protect your account from Ebay thinking someone might be trying to hack into it via the Gixen servers.

Please ensure the issue with access to your account is resolved with Ebay before enabling any of the cancelled snipes by editing them, because if it isn't resolved it will just happen again and again.

If it happens too often, eventually Ebay will take action that prevents anyone accessing the account and you would need to verify it with them all over again.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

But why is Gixen or ebay taking any sort of action hours or days before the snipe is set to go off? Let me make myself clear one more time. These snipes are failing way ahead of when they are scheduled to go off. I've seen plenty fail at the time of the snipe but this is new.

222289074155 (this is not an item number of one of the fails I just made one up to get this message to go through. I deleted all the failed snipes)
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my previous response makes no sense to you then maybe I was wrong with the assumption that I made at the start of it.

Before we continue this discussion, what exactly was the status that Gixen gave these snipes that you say 'are failing' ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

I don't recall the exact wording but it was a captcha code deal. Uh I think the important thing is that they failed before they even had a chance to go off. Maybe I don't understand how this all works but to me that seems very strange.

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, if Gixen is prevented from logging into your account for any reason, including a Captcha code being presented to it when it tries.. then all future snipes are cancelled by Gixen, as you have experienced.

This action is taken in order to protect your account. Otherwise Ebay can start to think someone is attacking your account and may then take action that it is much harder for you to recover the account from... and none of us wants that, do we ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.