Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBay was throwing capchas for every page b/c of Gixen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thumbout

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: eBay was throwing capchas for every page b/c of Gixen Reply with quote

Today every single page I clicked on eBay was giving me a "Security Measure" page that made me enter a capcha, sometimes twice in a row. It was so frustrating. Did it on Chrome and Firefox, clearing cookies / restart, 2 different accounts -- Nothing helped.

Ebay was of course no help, but on a whim I disabled the Gixen Socks thing I had to enable once. Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Uncheck "Use Automatic Config Script" which had '[can't write it here]gixen.com/proxyconfig.txt' in there. Had worked for months before without issue.

Just posting as an FYI for the admins. I know I may sound crazy but it was an instant fix and haven't had it again since.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that Ebay took action against your account accessing their site via the Gixen servers. That is what the socks proxy does, it directs your Ebay and Gixen browser interaction via the Gixen server.

So, if you have snipes scheduled today you might find they fail as Gixen will have the same issues you were experiencing until the issue is resolved or Ebay stop taking that action against your account.

Can you think of any reason why Ebay might have done that?.. Have you entered an incorrect password recently, or logged in from some other location that is new to you?

There is no need to use the socks proxy long term, in any case, it was only ever intended to help you get over measures, like this, that Ebay take against accounts occasionally.

Fortunately, such actions are usually short term so you should find that within a day or so your snipes can be processed by Gixen once more.
thumbout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, interesting. Indeed, I went across 2 states and logged in from a new location.

When I called eBay the reps were saying something about a block or issue that was placed today, but then they would transfer me to Trust and Safety who couldn't see a thing // couldn't replicate the issue. Turns out the initial reps were correct.

Anyway, I appreciate the explanation. If I'm reading you correct, no action probably needed. Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is right it should have already sorted itself out, Ebay rarely takes action of this type for more than a day.

If, however, there are any issues with your snipes come back and let us know...
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing here... captcha after capctha, using the proxy. I never got a message from ebay though, wanting any kind of information.

I had about 100 snipes set up. Started having problems about half-way through. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As reported elsewhere, the socks proxy was only ever intended to be used on a temporary basis.

Removing it from your browser will not degrade your sniping activity.
celestial04072

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: ebay capcha nightmare Reply with quote

I too lost all my bids last night & spent hours trying to fix my account. I couldn't view my seller board, manually bid, view my ebay, log in or out of ebay without entering a capcha verification code & several times even entering the right one failed.... the 1st thing I noticed was an error message via gixen that my bid failed due to verification which canceled all my other bids scheduled showing same message, I tried following gixen recommended instructions as it said something about my ip not being logged into a socks proxy or something like that (forgive me I'm not very pc literate) but I followed all the instructions adding proxy even changed my password.... then lost my mind after trying to bid manually to save my bids 3 of them im still not over loosing as I entered so many capchas but was essentially paralyzed unable to do anything within my ebay account... This am i havent had the capcha issue via ebay yet....

But now I see that the add gixen via ebay directly on the auction pages is gone. I forgot where I read in here about linking them directly & believe I downloaded something via a link to add to firefox or ebay directly when i first started using gixen would be grateful if someone would direct me to info explaining this. & I'm sorry if my post is confusing I have lyme & struggle to convert thought into text Thanks kindly Hopefully todays snipes don't fail going to go try to see if i can find the rest of them to re-enter them as i deleted them all when changed my password trying to fix things,
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology, there was an issue that seems to be resolved now. Can you please try again, you shouldn't have this problem again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.