Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Instructable on Use

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Instructable on Use Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there might be a Sticky posted explaining in detail how to use GIXEN?

If not, creating one might go a long way to help new users to use the service wisely and also serve to reduce the forum clutter when things go wrong due to user error.

I'm new to GIXEN and have only been using it for about two months now and love it. I value it so much that I took out a two year Paid subscription after only a few days of use as a Thank You to the GIXEN developers.

Btw the above is not my actual user name. Is there a way to set that as a permanent default? Establishing a Forum name different than your actual username?

So far I've only had two isssues.

1. The Search function in the Forums yields overly broad search results. So broad that it renders the "results" useless.

2. I do not understand how to set up a Contingency Bid group. And I cannot find any results explaing it via the search function.

It is my understanding that a Contingency Bid is the polar opposite of the normal group bidding process; where a Win cancels any subsequent Bids in the included group; a Contigency Bid cancels all subsequent Bids in the event of losing the first auction in the group?

That is my strategy for many of the auctions I Bid in so it is important for me to understand how to do it correctly. Not as I did this week wherein it cancelled my subsequent Bids after the first auction Won.

Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ohm
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FAQ tab above serves the purpose of providing answers to the most often asked questions.

If you have suggestions as to how that could be expanded they are, of course, very welcome.

Forum accounts can only be set up by Mario, if you use already use the forum a great deal to post and intend to continue doing so then it is worth dropping him a line via email if you would like to request one. To be honest they don't give you a great advantage, and most people that have had them set up don't tend to use them long term. I am of course an exception to that.

1> Unfortunately the Forums are provided via an 'off the shelf' package which would be difficult to update further in the way you suggest.

2> Contingency Group biding first has to be enabled on your settings page... then they appear as extra Group options on your drop down menu, for you to select.

A contingency group cancels all the remaining snipes in a Group once one is lost.. so it is generally considered useful for getting things that go together, or when it only makes sense to bid on something if it comes with a postage discount because you have already purchased the earlier things in the Group. Beware though this applies at every stage of the Group... winning the first means it will bid on the second, but losing the second will again mean it stops bidding.

From what you say it would appear you used a regular Group when you intended to use a Contingency group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.