Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sniper and manual bidding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndresCampillo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Sniper and manual bidding Reply with quote

Hi!
Could you please tell me if I can, for example, set a maximum bid in gixen of E. G. 500€ for an item that is in 300€ and then bid manually in EBay setting the maximum at 500€ too?

Will gixen work properly? I mean, if I set with the same account a maximum of 500€ in EBay and here, but the previous bid is at 350€, Will I pay 500€ or 360€?

Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want a last second bid to be placed if you have already placed that bid?

There is no point in it, because it would give you no greater possibility of winning.

All that results from trying to do that is Ebay rejects the bid that Gixen tries to place for you because Ebay does not allow you to place the same bid twice at different times.

If you want Ebay to accept your bid you have to work within its' constraints so your bid has to be at least one bid increment more than the current auction price (unless it is an opening bid) and also more than you have previously bid.

As explained many times on this forum the way that Ebay works is that it only ever makes the buyer pay at most one bid increment more than the next highest bidder. So the fact that you snipe amount is high does not mean you will necessarily have to pay that much if there are no other bids close to that amount... This is the case whether you bid manually or as a snipe via Gixen... the only difference is that by bidding manually you give other bidders the opportunity to react to your bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.