Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid under asking price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2013heff2013

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Bid under asking price Reply with quote

Very Happy How can I be bidding under the asking price in an auction that starts at 1p with no reserve (that they mention anyway)?

Is it normal to be outbid by the minimum EVERYTIME I bid with certain sellers? Smile I got he first couple of things but after that it is like they wised up?

I'm new to all of this sniping business and I am enjoying it (so much so I contributed with a paid membership) It's a strange old game.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you give an example of a snipe for which you got a 'Bid under Asking Price' status which you think is incorrect?

I'll make one suggestion that might explain it, since you have a Mirror subscription... if the Mirror gets the bid in first the Main will be blocked by Ebay saying that you must bid more, since you already have a bid of the amount you have entered... This in turn leads to the Main server displaying a 'Bid Under Asking Price' status.. however if you click on the Mirror tab in that case you would see that the bid was successfully placed there. If that is the scenario in this case then no need to supply an example this time, but if not, and in general, it is useful if you can do so.

The way that Ebay works if your bid is lower than another bid, at the end of the auction, Ebay only requires the higher bidder to pay at most one bid increment more than your bid. Thus a single bid increment is by far the most common amount that anyone wins by.. but the amount of those bids could have actually been considerably more than that amount. If you are certain there is shill bidding going on then it is best to report your suspicions to Ebay... but it is very difficult to prove, especially these days since Ebay prevent you looking at most of the details of other bids tat you are competing with... it is probably the least likely of the possibilities though.

Thank you for contributing to the upkeep of Gixen for the community by buying a Mirror subscription.. I think you will find it the best investment of $6 you will ever make, the prime advantage being the added reliability that you give yourself on every snipe you schedule for a whole year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Please can you give an example of a snipe for which you got a 'Bid under Asking Price' status which you think is incorrect?

I'll make one suggestion that might explain it, since you have a Mirror subscription... if the Mirror gets the bid in first the Main will be blocked by Ebay saying that you must bid more, since you already have a bid of the amount you have entered... This in turn leads to the Main server displaying a 'Bid Under Asking Price' status.. however if you click on the Mirror tab in that case you would see that the bid was successfully placed there. If that is the scenario in this case then no need to supply an example this time, but if not, and in general, it is useful if you can do so.

The way that Ebay works if your bid is lower than another bid, at the end of the auction, Ebay only requires the higher bidder to pay at most one bid increment more than your bid. Thus a single bid increment is by far the most common amount that anyone wins by.. but the amount of those bids could have actually been considerably more than that amount. If you are certain there is shill bidding going on then it is best to report your suspicions to Ebay... but it is very difficult to prove, especially these days since Ebay prevent you looking at most of the details of other bids tat you are competing with... it is probably the least likely of the possibilities though.

Thank you for contributing to the upkeep of Gixen for the community by buying a Mirror subscription.. I think you will find it the best investment of $6 you will ever make, the prime advantage being the added reliability that you give yourself on every snipe you schedule for a whole year.

I am really happy with it. You are doing a great job. Wink

The next time it happens I will check your advice. I will post an example as well.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me Wink I appreciate it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.