Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

what did I do wrong?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
violet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: what did I do wrong? Reply with quote

First let me say that I've been using gixen for years and I love it. Today for the first time, I had entered a bid on gixen that was above the winning bid on ebay and still lost the auction. I had entered the bid on gixen several hours before the ebay auction was due to be over. I got this message:

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE: EBAY BID INCREMENT RULE NOT MET

I entered $16.88 and the winning bid was $16.49.What did I do wrong? What happened?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comes up a lot, which is why it is covered in the FAQ accessed from the tab of that name above. I recommend all users to read that at least once.

In that price range the bid increment is 50c so Ebay will only accept bids that are at least 50c above the current auction price, since yours is not it was rejected by Ebay... this is known as the bid increment rule.
violetlene

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: ok Reply with quote

it has been years since I first joined and read the faq but also good to know what happened
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.