Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen cannot differentiate between Sterling and Euro

View previous topic :: View next topic  
makad_xyz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Gixen cannot differentiate between Sterling and Euro Reply with quote

I put in a bid for GBP 6.50. Seller had minimum of 6.99 Euro

Gixen did not bid.

It seems Gixen cannot differentiate between Sterling and Euro.

Sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should always enter your bid in the currency of the listing, whatever it is. Gixen does not do any conversion.
rfe4636

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same thing with the Desktop between Pound Sterling - Euro and Euro - USD. The Web based page is Ok, If I'm bidding in Pounds or USD it keeps them straight. If I bring them over into the Desktop it will convert the Pound Bid price into USD. There was an Article I bid on that was 100 GPB Bid price , I put in 150 GBP as my max Bid then the Desk top brought everything over from the server and the converted the 100 GBP to USD and the Bid price showing on the Desktop was 164. This was the exact exchange rate of 100 GBP to USD. Since my Max Bid amount was under this (150 GBP) I was afraid it wouldn't Bid so I deleted the Bid from the Desktop and left it only on the server and it worked fine. Maybe it doesn't make a difference as long as it's correct on the server. It's just disturbing to see the Bid price lower than the Max Bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rfe4636,

It doesn't make a difference as the desktop does not do the bidding... that is always passed to the Gixen servers to process.

Nevertheless what you are experiencing is a defect in the Desktop Manager and I imagine that it is happening because it is picking up the wrong part of the Ebay page (the converted figure not the actual bid amount).

Which Ebay site do you have as your Target (set on the web interface)?... That might help Mario to track down why this error is occurring.

If it does not get picked up here in the next few days, it might also be worth your while starting a new thread in the Support area, since that is the area that receives more attention when it comes to ongoing issues that affect your experience using Gixen.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject:

rfe4636

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Target Ebay site could be the problem....I have it set to the US site as default because I bid on stuff from all over the World.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and are you located in a domain other than the USA?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Target shouldn't matter either - the only thing that matters is the currency of the listing. It's the same on all targets, and Gixen submits a numerical value of your bid with no currency information whatsoever. There is no conversion happening.

What GDM displays / picks up as a current value is irrelevant - it has nothing to do with Gixen servers, it's a code executing on GDM and is there for convenience only. If there is a bug in it, it does not affect sniping.

So when you entered your bid of 6.50, you thought this was in GBP. It wasn't, it was the currency of the listing, which is EUR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.