Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Idea for Gixen Income?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RandomUser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Idea for Gixen Income? Reply with quote

A quick relatively random idea for a potential form of income for Gixen, I don't know if it's possible, legal, feasible, already being done etc, it's just an idea that I thought I would share as I like Gixen that much!

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but in the UK there are a few websites (I'm sure there are other websites in other countries doing it too) where you can a part of the commission from purchases from certain stores, eBay being one of these. Whilst it's pennies at a time, from the hundreds (thousands?) of bids Gixen places, surely every little helps.

If you want further information of the websites that I happen to use please feel free to ask. I don't want to 'needlessly' promote a company here.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to be an ebay affiliate/partner of some sort... and then use the ebay API to place bids.

Sniping sites are not allowed to be an affiliate/partner or use the ebay API to bid.

ebay effectively pay sites that attract income to ebay and some of those sites use the income as discounts that they pass on to the customers.

I guess the logic for ebay is that sniping sites are unlikely to attract any more income for ebay if they start paying them.
RandomUser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame as I certainly would have given up on eBay a long time ago if it weren't for Gixen.

I'll wait til I get a job again and go for the mirror service. Smile

(P.s, these anti-bot checks are *really* hard!*
gixen_user111

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Sniping sites are not allowed to be an affiliate/partner

Looks sad, but true...

partnernetwork.ebay.com/legal/ wrote:
J. Unacceptable Placements.
1. Your Promotional Methods may not incorporate any ... of the following categories:
j. sniping functionality (meaning the act of including Links in software or a service that automatically places bids or makes purchases via Buy It Now on behalf of eBay members)
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was back in 2013... a few things seem to be changing at Ebay now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.