Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

A Basic Guide to Grouping?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdcrutch

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: A Basic Guide to Grouping? Reply with quote

Hi. I've just signed up, and so far I'm really pleased with Gixen--but we'll see how my first snipe goes!

Meanwhile, is there a basic guide to grouping on the site? I've searched but haven't found one. Maybe a sticky thread in the Support forum would be good.

I gather that with a normal group you enter a number of articles but only want to buy one, so when you win one all the other snipes are cancelled. Right?

Then I gather that with contingency groups, you enter a number of articles and want to buy all of them. If you lose the first item, all the others are cancelled. Right?

Finally, with multi-win groups, you want to win as many of the articles as you can, even if you don't win all of them. Right? Or is it something else? The options under "Settings" let you set how many items you want to win before cancelling, so I'm not sure. If I understand the concept, I'd expect the option to be how many you'd have to lose before the rest were cancelled; so maybe I don't understand.

Maybe, though, if you want to win as many of a group as you can, even if you lose some, you just wouldn't group them at all. Is that it?

A tutorial would be really helpful.

Best wishes,

Jim Crutchfield
Long Island City, NY
jdcrutch

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also appreciate instructions as to how to set up a contingent group--I can't find any.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

You are right about the first two counts (normal and contingency groups). On the third one, multi-win, you win the specified number of items that can be more than one (e.g. 3), and the rest of the snipes are then canceled. E.g. you may decide that you want only 3 items, and place 10 of them in a multi-win group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.