Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Mobile site feedback from new iPhone 4 user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gourevich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Mobile site feedback from new iPhone 4 user Reply with quote

I'm a new user and I already love Gixen. I signed up for the mirror service, which at $6 for a year is a great deal even if only to turn off the nag screens Smile. I've been using the mobile site lately on my iPhone 4, and I hope my initial impressions can be useful to the site developers. In general, I love the site because it really works! Thank you Mario!

- If I wait too long between uses, I see the message that my session has expired. No problem, except that there's no link to log back in. I have to edit the "you are L" line in Safari in order to go to the main page or main mobile page. Perhaps the Gixen target logo could have a hyperlink to the login page?

- Sometimes in the above situation, the message says I don't have cookies enabled in my browser, which is incorrect.

- I find I have to pan right and left actively in order to access all of the input controls and buttons needed, during the normal workflow of viewing, adding, and modifying snipes. The main reason for this seems to be that the input controls in the right-hand column of the add/modify snipe group is farther to the right than the rightmost column of the snipes grid, with a lot of white space to its left.

- On the main snipes view, there doesn't seem to be a way of refreshing all of my snipes without either clicking the Purge button (which has the indented but possibly undesired side effect) or using Safari to navigate back to the login page. How about adding a Refresh button on the main page?

- The warning messages that may appear after entering snipes is contained in a much wider field than the rest of the controls on the page; this requires panning or shrinking to view.

- It would be great to see the shipping charge for each item automatically instead of having to enter it as a comment.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gourevich,

You are absolutely right on all of these points. In all honesty, the mobile site was made quickly, just to make access from mobile devices somewhat easier than if one used the full browser.

I intend to develop an iPhone application for Gixen in the future, and I have one macbook sitting on my desk just for that purpose. I just can't find time to do it, so may consider outsourcing this at some point.

As for the shipping charges, this is extremely difficult to implement, as one needs to parse through multiple shipping choices. I don't think it's ever going to happen.
Scythe0925

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iOS app is why I was looking through the forums! I would much rather buy that than sign up for mirror service. Sounds like a possible revenue stream, as given was easily suggest through 2 min of google, there is GARBAGE on the app store for sniping tools.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.