Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Several Items Within Groups Option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Several Items Within Groups Option Reply with quote

So I'm currently trying to purchase a dual monitor setup via ebay.

I've used group bidding, and know of contingency bidding, but it would be great if there was a way to define how many items within a group I wish to purchase.

for example, lets say I have 10 LCDs in group 1. but I want to only win 2 of those, put all of them in group 1, I'd like to win 2, and as soon as 2 are won in that group it cancels the rest.

I could see this being useful for graphics cards, cables, car parts, really a wide array of items.

Thanks for reading, and keep up the great work. I've been using gixen for years and periodically purchase mirror service just to make sure this great service keeps on truckin.

Thank you.
ozz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw. I could see this being a big selling point for mirror service.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do, I agree it would be useful.
ozz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for being so active in this project and taking our suggestions seriously. Class Act.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ozz, I consider it quite normal - not listening would be to detriment of customers, the service itself, and myself personally.
fonaticalbuyer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I'm a mirror subscriber & love Gixen.

Recently though I've been searching for a service which allows me to specify how many winning snipes I'd like in a bid group. There doesn't seem to be an **online** sniping service which provides this (only desktop apps).

If it's something you'd consider implementing, I would gladly contribute (with others?) to its development costs - the facility would save me house & hours of work each week.

Kind Regards,

Steve
fonaticalbuyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Group Bidding Ideas Reply with quote

Hello again!

Rudely following up my own posting, sorry! Wink

Bid Grouping is a very useful feature and, perhaps as an incentive for users to become Mirror Subscribers, I'd like to propose a dedicated Group Management feature-set for Bid Groups within Settings:

1) Group naming: Instead of '1' , '2' '3' etc. we could name our Bid Groups woth a meaningful description 'PlayStation' , 'Wii' etc.

2) Maximum Wins Per Group: A simple numeric field which specifies the number of successul snipes (wins) per group before future snipes in the group are cancelled. If no value is specified in 'Maximum Wins' then the group behaves as it does currently; all snipes are cancelled as soon as the first successful snipe takes place.

What do people think? I'd gladly donate to a fund in order to have the above implemented (assuming Mario thinks they're good ideas!).

Thanks,

Steve
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Steve.. I'm sure Mario will consider your suggestions when he has some spare time.

Last edited by Cupid on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I already mentioned that I would like to implement better groups (e.g. more than one win per group). I am chronically short on time though, and that feature requires careful planning, coding and testing.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much obliged Mario, thanks.

And it's a genuine offer of donations for this work by the way. Such features would save myself and doubtless other eBay traders endless hours each week.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is your opportunity to try this:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5140
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.