Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (2)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixiecoo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (2) Reply with quote

Hi can anyone tell me what this means please? The amount I put into Gixen was well above what item sold for so I should have won. Is this an error I can do something about??
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is pixiecoo also your eBay id?

Would it be possible for you to let us know the item number?

There are quite a few reasons why a bid may be blocked, from the seller choosing not to allow you specifically, automated blocks chosen by the seller related to the number of non paying bidder strikes that you have or the amount of feedback that you have, to things like not having an eBay id registered in an area that the seller ships to.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (2) Reply with quote

pixiecoo wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me what this means please? The amount I put into Gixen was well above what item sold for so I should have won. Is this an error I can do something about??

Blocked transactions are usually related to sellers in some way, and there is usually nothing you could do about it.
weissenbock

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: eBay error transaction blocked Reply with quote

Have just had the same thing happen to me on a lot I should have won by a mile.

Does anyone know if this an eBay issue or Gixen issue?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: eBay error transaction blocked

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the eBay system that blocks bids, there is not really anything that can be changed in Gixen other than to attempt to find out a bit more information as to why it was blocked.

As Mario says, it is usually something to do with the seller.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: eBay error transaction blocked Reply with quote

weissenbock wrote:
Have just had the same thing happen to me on a lot I should have won by a mile.

Does anyone know if this an eBay issue or Gixen issue?

Can you post the Item number? I'll take a look to see if there is some additional info that could shed some light on it...
palpi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a similar message -- I had snipes set for two items from a seller and on both I got the message "TRANSACTION BLOCKED BY SELLER". Here's one of the item numbers: 330333556183. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that the seller blocked me specifically, especially since I asked for a shipping quote earlier and got a friendly reply. Does this have something to do with sniping? Is it possible for the seller to block bids in the last 10 seconds or something? Both of the items went for prices below what I was willing to pay. Sad
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is maybe worth asking the seller if they specifically blocked you for some reason, if you got a friendly reply last time, there is no reason why you should not get one again, just tell them you tried to bid late in the auction and received a blocked message and dont know why.

I had one seller that had not specifically blocked me, so they said, but the problem hasnt re-occured after that, they said they spoke to eBay about it and eBay sorted it out for them... if sellers are not aware that it happens then nothing can be done about it as you complaining to eBay will just result in them saying that the seller may have chosen to block you.

Do you remember any earlier interaction with this seller?... Since they have sold quite a lot they may have blocked you months ago and forgotten about it when they replied recently in a friendly manner.

It has nothing to do with sniping though, you would have got a blocked message yourself had you tried to bid manually... the only possible connection might be if a seller blocks snipers that they know about... I had one do that to me, I now know why, because he bids on his own auctions and then offers second chance offers to the highest underbidder, but since I never take those he got frustrated with me and blocked me ... as far as I am concerned that is his loss.

No, it is not possible for a seller to block all late bids, they have to be specific with your id, or with criteria like the number of non paying bidder strikes, the amount of feedback or if you have a Paypal account linked to you eBay id... but that is not an exhaustive list.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
palpi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response -- I wrote a quick message to inquire about it and then checked my feedback. It turns out you were right -- I have bought from this seller before. I left feedback for them that mentioned shipping was a bit high and the seller responded to that feedback defending themselves, etc. Maybe they blocked me because of that, but I think that's rather silly as my feedback was positive!!! I said a bunch of nice things, I just mentioned in one part that I was a little overcharged on shipping! I left honest feedback and I get punished for it! Argh, the whole feedback system makes me crazy. Anyway, I think that probably solves the mystery (unfortunately)!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palpi, I would contact the seller and ask him anyway. If the problem is something else, it would be good to know...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.