Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Great Gixen - 5 seconds from top of the hour

View previous topic :: View next topic  
First timer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Great Gixen - 5 seconds from top of the hour Reply with quote

Sorry for the dual posting, this went in the suggestions forum and thought it should really be here.

I've used various other snipers on free trials with referral credits etc but this is great. Set Gixen today and won my auction with an extra surprise.

I assume we don't mention names of other snipers on here but a couple of months ago another sniper failed to win an auction as it bid 22 seconds before the auction end. When I questioned them the reply was the bid was so early because the auction finished on a full hour, e.g. 17:00:00 and because eBay servers are busier at full and half hours the software snipes earlier to account for this

My auction tonight finished at 19:00:00 and Gixen sniped at 5 seconds. ASTOUNDING. I know you can't guarantee anything but I'll take my chances here any time.

Thanks very much. I've recommended you to all my eBay buying friends.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issues happen to Gixen too, however I don't blame eBay for it. On the other hand, I don't make big bucks out of it, so people are more forgiving.

My guess is that reason they bid so early is because their technology sucks. I would not be surprised if they still use scripts to do the sniping.

Last edited by mario on Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
First timer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've now seen other posts with web site names I'll tell you, it was Auctionsniper.

While we are on them I was shocked to see on your site that AS don't use SSL from customer to server. No more AS for me, ever!!!

Forever Gixen.

Thanks again Mario
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to Auctionsniper, I have to say they do provide SSL as optional I believe - there is a link on the form to switch to SSL if you want. But this should be mandatory in my opinion.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject:

First timer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,
Forgive my ignorance and without asking you anything confidential about Gixen how else can automatic snipers like Gixen work other than scripts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.