Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Autosnipe (Opera)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Autosnipe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Autosnipe (Opera) Reply with quote

Installation Guide http://my.opera.com/Contrid/blog/2007/02/11/how-to-greasemonkey-in-opera

copy and paste in text editor edit the var username="yourgixenusername"; it in the folder you select for in opera and save as autosnipe.user.js

SCRIPT: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/90505
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Keith!
windbag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Final hurdles Reply with quote

OK, Keith - I found your Installation guide (most excellent).

Do I need to install the "Emulate GM Functions user script" cited in the comments?

I got the Version 0.1 of the ebay Snipe for Gixen that you linked to OK & saved that as autosnipe.user.js in the Scripts folder set up in 'Tools > Preferences... > Advanced > Content > JavaScript Options...' .

I come to do the edit :
var username="yourgixenusername"

But I'm unclear what you mean by "it in the folder you select for in opera"

Do you mean the folder Gixen is running from?
Is it the text in the Gixen.ini file - in which case, what about the second line ?
windbag

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

Any chance of help with my query...?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: bump

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith (that supports these plugins) does not visit these boards very often, so unfortunately it can take a while to get an answer.
PRL42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to select a directory where you want to store the script (and any other Opera scripts you may wish to use.) Do this in Opera from Tools Preferences | Advanced (tab) | Content (in listbox to left) | Javascript Options (button). Browse to the directory you want to use - you can make a new one if necessary.

Then, get the source of the script with copy and paste.

Run notepad and paste the script into the blank file.

Change the line in the script where it says: " username="yourgixenusername"; " replacing the string 'yourgixenusername' as appropriate.

Save as autosnipe.user.js.

Close Opera and restart and the script should be working. (You'll see the Gixen symbol and "Snipe this item" at the top of the fleabay item's page.

I've just done this and it works a treat!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Still stuck on gixen user name Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to moving this on, PRL42.

I had already set that directory for scripts, and had put autosnipe.user.js in it.

As I said in the first reply, it was the edit :
var username="yourgixenusername"

that stopped me then as now.

I'm not aware I have a gixen user name.

I thought my user name was my ebay username, but that doesn't work if I put it in as my username within the quotes.

So I'm still stuck...
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should certainly be your eBay user name, which, as you say, is the same as you use to log into Gixen.

I would also guess that the answer to your previous question:

'Do I need to install the "Emulate GM Functions user script" cited in the comments?'

would be 'yes'.
windbag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Opera "snipe this" script now works for me too! Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I would also guess that the answer to your previous question:

'Do I need to install the "Emulate GM Functions user script" cited in the comments?'

would be 'yes'.

Yes! That was it! Very Happy

I presume I can do minor edits the autosnipe.user.js parameters such as making the bid offset variable 15, as I do with all my snipes.

I was also looking for the "snipe this item" in the wrong place - I thought the documentation implied it would be with "Share/print/report" group midway down on the right.

Top left is just fine, though!

Thanks for everyone's help, here Smile
windbag

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Spoke too soon Reply with quote

Seems I spoke to soon.
It is working - BUT
When I edit the bid offset variable to 15, the snipe page won't come up.
AND
The "enlarge" function of every ebay page is disabled when the "snipe this item" icon/text appears.

The last is a BIG problem - I use it all the time to see item details and extra photos.

Even weirder, it can take a bit of time before the "snipe this item" icon/text appears - and if you press "enlarge" before it has, enlarge then works - but the "snipe this item" icon/text then appears in the enlarge window/popup. If you then press it in that popup, it fails to bring up the snipe window, and from the link it's trying to get to, the item number is being set to null when the icon is in the enlarge popup.

So it's falling over quite a lot.

Ideas?
PRL42

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had to remove this script from my system as it was causing quite a few things to stop working.

Also it didn't offer the option of saving your password and if you used Opera's auto fill option it overwrote the item number so you got a 'Sorry this item is already present' message.
Autosnipe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the script, I have fixed the two issues above and ebay.co.uk links, it also now supports passwords.

Thanks,
Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: