Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can not log in anymore

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Can not log in anymore Reply with quote

Hi,

This morning I can not login anymore on Gixen, those same login/password work on ebay, I didn't change them recently and yesterday I was still able to login with them in gixen !?
Now my password was a little bit weak so I tried changing for a stronger as read in some other thread here, but after changing it on ebay, I still can't connect here with the new password. Has Gixen any problem with ebay ? Have I been hacked ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first guess would be that eBay are inserting Captcha screens during the process that Gixen executes to log into your account from its servers.

Mario has recently been trying to develop a process where the screen is passed on to you so that you can verify your log in, but I dont think that software is available yet.

If this is the case then I think eBay only do it for a day or so, so I would suggest that you keep trying to log into Gixen on a daily basis.

It is unlikely that it is anything to do with hacking, its a security measure that eBay have introduced to try to prevent your account from being hacked, unfortunately sniping sites get caught in the cross fire.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then it only happens when Gixen tries to log in, because I don't have any Captcha when I log on ebay !? Could it be linked to the fact that I'm using ebay in a different country (France: ebay.fr) ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes eBay may well only be serving up captcha screens to Gixen when it tries to log in as you, and not to you when you do the same. This is because Gixen is logging in from a different place which eBay is perhaps detecting and requiring further verification that you want to log in from that location.

eBay can detect that you changed your password from a different location, when you use that location they are less likely to ask you to go through further verification.

It might help to change your settings on the Gixen site to be those that you use to browse eBay, so I guess ebay.fr in your case... but you have to be able to log in to Gixen before you can do that... I doubt that even if you could do it, it would solve the problem though, as I think it is more likely that these measures are related to where you are trying to log in from as opposed to the site that you are attempting to access.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I can't do anything, can Gixen do something ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Mario has recently been trying to develop a process where the screen is passed on to you so that you can verify your log in, but I dont think that software is available yet.

Of course I am making assumptions here about what your problem is exactly, only Mario can confirm or deny this.

Perhaps you could email him directly with your eBay Id (dont send a password via email though), whether or not my assumptions are correct about what the problem is, you may be able to help Mario to test any changes he is trying to make.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After changing your password, eBay often inserts captchas for a day or so. You may not get a captcha from your home IP, but Gixen does.

I made a change to the software that passes captchas to users in some cases, which allows you to log in to Gixen, but your snipes may still fail, as there is no one to read those captchas at the time bid is placed.

The best you can do is wait for a day or so - captchas usually go away on their own.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for answering late. At first I did not change my password, I just couldn't log in anymore on Gixen but it worked on ebay. *Never* had a captcha on ebay, I don't know if it is implemented on ebay.fr (I know lots of functionalities appear first on original ebay, then only in foreign ones).

Then I changed my password, still couldn't login for some times, but suddenly it worked for a few days. And today, I can't login anymore, again. On Gixen that is, ebay works straight forward. Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Then I changed my password, still couldn't login for some times, but suddenly it worked for a few days. And today, I can't login anymore, again. On Gixen that is, ebay works straight forward. Crying or Very sad

I just checked, there is no captcha involved in this. eBay simply returns "incorrect password" screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.