Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ammended listings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: ammended listings Reply with quote

Is there a feature that can alert you to a listing being ammended/altered after I have submitted my potential snipe?I tend to look at listings on eBay when thay are fairly new and put on my potential bid maybe 7-10 days prior to end time (as I presume others do also). Now, if the seller is alerted to something such as a fault on the listed item I am then unaware of this change and my snipe would then be set too high for the lots condition!I could look a bit of a fool then backing out of the transaction or returning the lot as not as described if it was actually as described at end time! Any thoughts please?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very good point, some actually recomend making low early bids, since it is not possible to update auction details after a bid has been placed, personally I think that partially defeats the point of sniping though. Anyway they can still answer questions and put them and the replies on the listing, which is a sort of update really.

Again, personally, I tend to set my snipes only a couple of days in advance of the auctions end... however there are occasions when it is longer than that, especially when I'm going away on holiday.

Anyway, to answer your question, no, at present, there is no such feature implemented here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.