Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

2nd auction in a row no bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphacollector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: 2nd auction in a row no bids Reply with quote

This is the 2nd time Gixen has failed to place a bid for me, a bid both times I had the auction scheduled well in advance and my bid higher than the final bid.

Auction 1: 250440659030
Had a bid snipe of: $5.55
Auction ended at $0.99 with 1 bid

Auction 2: 250443291628
Had a bid snipe of: $22.22
Auction ended at $15.50 with 6 bids
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked what happened - ebay is requesting a captcha code for your account. I don't know why. Is it possible that you changed your ebay password, and logging in to Gixen with the old one?

It's certainly a bug that Gixen did not display a proper error message - I'll see that I fix that immediately.
alphacollector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, youre fast!

I have not changed my password recently in a long time.

Only thing that changed recently; I posted an auction for sale and after it sold I had to change my ebay fee payment from a CC as it had expired to my paypal account. I thought that was the reason it didnt bid on auction 1. But when it didnt bid on auction 2 I became puzzled.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is definitely getting a captcha screen when it tries to bid for your account. Some of those changes may have caused it, but I can't really tell if so, and which ones. If not a problem, provide ebay with a CC number (even if not used), they seem to be less suspicious when one does so.

I also cleared the hash of your password from the Gixen database - so you should be able to see this captcha when you log in to Gixen (and pass it). Sniping may still fail though.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject:

alphacollector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, I did some reading around about ebay captcha and found some users said by changing their password to something a little more complex it stopped doing the captcha. I was able to login to Gixen without seeing the captcha, is there any way to be certain that it will work without scheduling an auction?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alphacollector wrote:
Mario, I did some reading around about ebay captcha and found some users said by changing their password to something a little more complex it stopped doing the captcha. I was able to login to Gixen without seeing the captcha, is there any way to be certain that it will work without scheduling an auction?

If you logged in after I cleared the hash, this is a good sign, as that's the same login process as when placing a snipe. There is, however, no sure way to know. If you have someone you trust living in a different location (best would be a different state), you can ask him/her to login for you from that location, and observe if they get a captcha.

Or you can schedule a snipe for an auction that you can afford to lose.
somebody

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: captcha Reply with quote

gixen asks me to enter captcha code when I log in. But there is no captcha image- I can't see it

any clues?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strong is your password? I would make sure it's at least 8 characters with both letters and number, and no dictionary word. Change it at ebay and you shouldn't get this again.

P.S. Even if you passed captcha at Gixen, it's still questionable if Gixen would be able to place your bid at ebay. Most likely not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.