Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Would be great if you could add a "Notes" field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praxis1803

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Would be great if you could add a "Notes" field Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
I am enjoying Gixen - it's a great service ! I was wondering, can you add a "Notes" field so I can remind myself of shipping costs / unanswered questions to seller / condition of item, etc. to assist me in setting my snipe amount ? Thanks !
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this might seem like a useful feature; however, I find that eBay's watch list suffices for my tracking and note-making needs and thus I need only rely on Gixen to handle the bid scheduling. I have come to appreciate Mario's efforts to keep Gixen "lean and mean" and not overloaded with unnecessary features. What Gixen does, it does best!!

I would prefer not to have Gixen's resources diluted to provide features not directly related to sniping, especially when those features are already available within eBay (which one has search to find the items on which to bid anyway).

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
n00b dev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: ebay watch list and notes field Reply with quote

Would be a possibly interesting option to show the user's ebay watch list on the gixen site, so one could just log into gixen and choose which items from theier ebay watch list they actually wanted to bid on without copying and pasting item numbers. At that point you might also copy the contents of the ebay watch list "notes" field into a field on the gixen items list that the user was going to bid on through gixen. The option to edit the gixen item list "notes" field for items to be bidded on might be convenient too I think, but these are all options I would certainly continue using gixen without.

not sure i've thought that out well, but just some ideas.
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be better would be to have a Gixen API that would allow one to schedule bids at Gixen via an auction management program such as JBidWatcher (a very nice free Java-based auction management program). JBidWatcher can quickly import your eBay watch list, as well as allow you to create a list directly.

Auction management should be done by client-side software and kept off of the Gixen server, in my opinion. Gixen is simply the best sniping service out there and there is no reason to weigh it down by adding features that can easily be handled by client software. That's my opinion, anyway. Very Happy

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:

n00b dev

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: point taken Reply with quote

i would like to see a gixen api. i don't know what i think about the client side bid managers so much, but i'd like to write or see written a web based bid manager that interfaced with gixen's sniping ability Smile.

then you could access your bid management from anywhere in the world at any time without a java vm or any other special software besides a standards compliant web browser.

web based bid management + gixen = world domination
masterix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the proposed "notes" field, it will by very useful for many of us.
Ben

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject: I Third the notes field Reply with quote

Notes field would be cool, I am forever tabbing back and foward between browsers to remind myself!
farwest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like to see a place to jot down some brief notes (ie shipping cost and particular differences btw items etc etc)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Yes, Yes notes field please!
sisniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Please add the notes Reply with quote

One line of notes for things like "cracked handle" or $25 S&H would help high and low volume bidders. It should at least be available under the premium service.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add the notes Reply with quote

sisniper wrote:
One line of notes for things like "cracked handle" or $25 S&H would help high and low volume bidders. It should at least be available under the premium service.

It has already been implemented, see this thread:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2328
Knochen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Notes field Reply with quote

> I also would like to see a place to jot down some brief notes (ie
> shipping cost and particular differences btw items etc etc)

I second this. Probably only needs 40 characters or so, and would be a very cool addition.

Thanks very much for the great service.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knochen,

Please refer to my last post on this thread, you need to turn the feature on before you see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.