Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBay authorization problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rikatiko

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject: eBay authorization problem? Reply with quote

After managing to register an account on Gixen yesterday (with mirror service) and linking it to my eBay account, I got an email from eBay asking me to change my password because there was suspicious activity as if someone else was acting on my behalf.

I did change my password, but I was afraid my snipes might fail. So I went to check on Gixen and, sure enough, the site says my eBay auth is expiring. Before I renew it, I'd like to check eBay won't get funky again and maybe cut me off of my account. Is it safe to reauthorize Gixen?

Before I do that, there is a Gixen setting I don't understand:

Gixen main(mirror) target ebay site/Change ebay target site automatically if needed

Could you please explain the meaning and effects of those options?

Most of the items I bid on are in my own country site. Only occasionally do I bid for items on other eBay sites.

Thanks for your help
rikatiko

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more question: is there a way I can check on eBay that Gixen is properly authorized without "stirring the pot" too much? I mean, do you know of an eBay page where I can check which apps or agents (if any) have my authorization without raising a security concern from eBay surveillance?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not unusual for the authorisation to get revoked when you change your credentials.

There are many thousands of registered Gixen users and the authorisation process is sanctioned and maintained by Ebay themselves, it can't get much safer that that as far as Ebay are concerned. I actually think it's unlikely that the security alert you had from Ebay had anything to do with your activity with Gixen services.

The setting you mention is quite historic and I'm not sure that it even gets triggered any more, however it relates to some auctions occasionally not being available to bid on on your main target Ebay site. This was only ever likely to occur when you searched sites other than the one most closely associated with your home/where you first registered your account, for items that sellers from other countries are willing to send internationally. In those circumstances Gixen would automatically change the site the it bid on to one where the bid would at least be accepted for that particular auction. Mostly this doesn't get triggered even for international items though because mostly they are also available to buy through your main target site and this is always the case if you can view those items via that site.

On the Ebay site the authorisations that you have granted can be viewed by going to:

My Ebay -> Account Tab -> Site preferences

and looking at the 'Third-party authorisations' section on that page. 'Gixen Inc.' is the one associated with operation of this site.
rikatiko

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just freaked out because it was the first time eBay doubted my identity in 15 years.

I didn't know Gixen's relationship with eBay is legit and sanctioned. Your reply reassured me on both doubts, and was exhaustive on the technical matters.

Thank you very much!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.