Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My bid was not registered

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dakid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: My bid was not registered Reply with quote

I put a bid on an item and never got a notification of the auction ending. I understand that I did not win the auction but I did not see my bid registered at all. I'm thinking that had I been the highest bidder I would not have won since it did not register at all. I just paid for the service today so I am not sure what happened. The eBay item number is 124162340096.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was your bid higher than the winning bid, if so, by how much ?

What status has Gixen given the snipe on both the Main and Mirror tabs, now that the auction has finished.
Dakid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: My bid was not registered Reply with quote

No, it was not higher than the winning bid but in the past when my bid did not win an auction I would get an email saying that I was outbid, and it would also register on the bidder's list.

If you look at the auction thebornseller is nowhere on the list and it should have shown up between the bidders $160 and $268.
Dakid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: My bid was not registered Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that my non-winning bid was for $175, but I think it should still have registered on the bidder's list.

I should mention that this happened to me once before in the past when I had the highest bid. It did not register and my bid would have been the highest. It might have been because I hadn't paid for the mirror site and I had already won 4 items, but I'm not sure.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: My bid was not registered

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would first check that your correct email address is still mentioned in the Settings page in the 'Notifications for your account' section and that the option is still switched on. This might be why you are no longer getting the emails. If it's not that then I would check your spam folder on your email account to see if the email has somehow ended up there.

For the last six seconds of the auction the price was US $273.00.

On Ebay it is not possible to enter a bid that is less than one bid increment more than the current auction price.

So, unless your offset was seven seconds or more you would not expect Gixen to be able to place the bid in those circumstances.

You would expect it to give you a status of 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' though, did it ?

Also note (for your previous case) the amount must be at least one bid increment more than the current auction price, otherwise Ebay will still reject it. I imagine this is what happened for that previous auction, but if you would like someone to look at it please provide the auction number for that one too.

I also recommend that you read the FAQ tab above.
Dakid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: My bid was not registered Reply with quote

My email notification was off but I turned it now now. Thank you for answering my questions.

I'm wondering, there is a toggle to change the default bid time. It is set to 6 by default. I'm not sure how that works.

Does the default of 6 seconds mean that it will bid 6 seconds prior to the end of the auction and if I change it to 2 seconds does that mean it will bid 2 seconds before the auction ends?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what the offset time means.

I personally do not recommend setting it as low as 2 seconds, that certainly would not have helped in this case, in fact it would mean that your bids were even less likely to be able to be placed as the auction price is more likely to be higher the closer you are to the end of the auction and hence more likely to get caught out by Ebay refusing the bid because it is not high enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.