Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

WON BY MIRROR... only i didn't?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greeple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: WON BY MIRROR... only i didn't? Reply with quote

Hi, so i set up a bid with Gixen and i'm a $6 user so mirror servers are used i believe i'm not sure i'm quite new to this.

Anyway the auction ends, Gixen informs me via email i won (my high bid was 42) yet ebay tells me i lost the auction with it ending at 38.

Not sure what's happenned, has gixen simply not worked or have i done something wrong?

Thanks,
Pete
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the auction id number ?

When you've logged in here, on the snipes page what status has Gixen now given the snipe on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?

Do you have more than one Ebay account ?
Greeple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject: WON BY MIRROR... only i didn't? Reply with quote

Auction ID 333501111990

I'd already clicked purge completed listings however checking my history just now it now says BID UNDER ASKING PRICE yet the auction sold for 38 and my bid was 42 and there's no record of the bid being placed anyway in the bid history for the item on ebay, only my manual bid a few days ago of 32.

I don't have another ebay account.

Thanks
Pete
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

On the Settings page (after pushing the 'Settings' button above your snipes to the left of the 'Logout' button), is the account that is authorised to be bid on by Gixen as you would expect (except that the second to fourth characters are replaced by '*') ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject:

Greeple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: WON BY MIRROR... only i didn't? Reply with quote

Ok, this is my fault. A fair while ago i did make a new usa ebay account for some discount code or reasons to that effect and i used that account once and never again.

Now, being uk based i always go to ebay.co.uk presumably but gixen has gone to .com and used the details from this one time use account i setup ages ago and i didn't notice i just clicked through the authorisation as chrome just remembers all your details for you.

Then yesterday ebay starts messing around and i have to change my password so i then relink on gixen and this time i use the co.uk ID

So... i've now discovered this usa ebay account won the auction which is bittersweet as i won it but i'll have to pay a currency conversion fee as i have to pay in dollars despite being uk based fml!!!

The question now would be, going forwards does any of this matter? I'm guessing there's a fair chance all my other snipes that i've set up could be setup for the .com account so i should just delete all snipes (since we know on the settings page i now have the right ID linked) and then program all the snipes again?

Does that sound about right and then i'll be good to go? Or have i just royally stuffed it all up Laughing
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I thought something like that had happened.

You shouldn't have to pay a conversion fee as the auction is listed in GBP, so that's what you pay in, it doesn't matter that a different account won it.

Yes, now you have the authorisation set up as you want it I'd suggest redoing your snipes, as you suggest, just to get them all using the authorisation you want them to from now on.
Greeple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject: WON BY MIRROR... only i didn't? Reply with quote

Brilliant will do, thanks Mark for giving up your time to help me it's very much appreciated!

Pete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.