Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Reserve not met = no bid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrainDad77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reserve not met = no bid? Reply with quote

Can it still submit my highest bid even though the reserve is not met, this is due to the seller still has the option to accept the highest bid.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what Gixen already does... It's Ebay that has decided that in all instances where you don't actually win, the bid is displayed as one bid increment more than the next highest bid.

Also Ebay won't accept any bid that is not at least one bid increment more than the current high bid, perhaps this is why your bid was not submitted in this case ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, you should place your bid manually at least a day in advance - otherwise the seller won't have time to accept the highest bid since it would be placed in the last 10 seconds
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellers can still offer 'Second Chance Offer's after an auction has completed, so I don't think it is actually necessary to expose your maximum bid early.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of caution for bidders not familiar with auctions that have a reserve set: If you bid - either at eBay or with a snipe via gixen - and your bid amount is equal to or higher than an unmet reserve, your bid/snipe automatically jumps to the reserve price set by the seller.

This is the exception to eBay bid increment rules. Since no bid lower than a reserve is ever going to win, if you actually bid equal to or more than the reserve amount your bid immediately jumps to the reserve to satisfy the auction requirement.

eBay's help pages have gone absolutely stupid and you won't find this information there. But this point has been covered in the Community pages more than once. Like here:

community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/Automatic-bidding-and-reserve-prices/qaq-p/24729057

Rick
MarkH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 am    Post subject: Group bid and reserve Reply with quote

Many thanks for explaining how bids work when there is a reserve. Clearly eBay’s behaviour here is complicated and I see the seller has almost arbitrary powers to set reserve price without disclosing what that reserve is. I just used Gixen to bid on an item which had a reserve price. Mine was the highest bid but it proved to be lower than the reserve. Gixen initially informed me that I had the winning bid then in a second email it notified me that my bid had been rejected. It was fairly easy for me to figure out what happened and that may be the best you can do through the available APIs.

HOWEVER - the online history on Gixen showed that I had won the auction and other items that I had grouped with this one were automatically cancelled when in fact I had not won the auction and I had to re-enter my bids on the other items grouped with it to proceed.

Are you able to adjust the behaviour of Gixen when there is a reserve? Even if only to indicate that the item being bid on had a reserve so user is reminded that system can’t automatically discern what happened.

Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkH,

I regard your issue as a Gixen defect, so can you please post about it in the Support area, and provide the auction number of the item concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.