Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How come I can not add anymore new snips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorisyee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: How come I can not add anymore new snips Reply with quote

I just re-authorized Gixen to my eBay account. So, my account expired date is March 8, 2021. How come I still can not add anymore snips? Please help. Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is the error message that you are getting ?

Do you have a Mirror subscription ?

If not, perhaps it is related to the new restrictions discussed here ?
Dorisyee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for helping, this is what I got “You have reached the limit of 4 free snipes (won + scheduled) within the last month. Please subscribe to Gixen mirror on the settings page before adding more snipes.” But I already going to setting, and re-authorized Gixen to my eBay account, and my new expiration date now change to March 8, 2021. I still can not add anymore new snipes.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This message is not asking you to authorise, which is free.

The new restriction requires you to pay something if you want to schedule as many snipes as you do per month.

Otherwise, you will need to wait until you have won less than 4 items in the past month before you can add any more free snipes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that this interval is implemented as a rolling interval. The last 30 days are always looked at. With a free account, you can have a maximum of 4 wins in the last 30 days. If you, for example, won 2 items in the last 30 days, you can only schedule 2 more.

The only exception is snipe groups - the whole snipe group is treated as a single snipe, as only one snipe can win in a group.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am now having the same problem. I have paid for both Gixen and Gixen mirror for two years recurring at 11 dollars. I can't change the time when my snipes get put in, nor, can I now even add more snipes. What is the sense in paying for Gixen and Mirror service if you can't get unlimited snipes in? That Is what I thought that I was paying for. I am not expecting free snipes now since I am now paying for them. What gives? Frustrated user. Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually the issue that you are reporting is as a result of a user having more than one Gixen account and the subscription having been applied to a different one from that which you are logging in to, is that possible ?
Dorisyee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, I paid for the 2 years for $11.00. So, I can go back and add new snipes now. What I’m not clear is this $11.00 give me unlimited for 2 years? If not, can I cancel and get back my refund? Thanks for helping to clarify some of my question.
1952rocker1955

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Trying To Change Timing Settings, Etc. Reply with quote

I have only one account, and only one user name. I haven't changed anything. Please confirm, that once you purchase the Gixen service, and Mirror service that you are now allowed unlimited snipes? I just went to make another snipe, and the red statement at the top of the page came up. Auction:372766158500 Mario, please correct this problem. Thank You
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is correct, Mirror grants you unlimited snipes, and $11 subscription is good for 2 years. The problem here is likely something else - what is the error message you are getting when trying to enter snipes?
1952rocker1955

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject: Trying To Change Timing Settings, Etc. Reply with quote

This is the message that I am getting: You have reached the limit of 4 free snipes (won + scheduled) within the last month. Please subscribe to Gixen mirror on the settings page before adding more snipes. I have paid for the service on Sept. 3rd. Received the acknowledgement email, but for some reason, as of the 15th, it won't let me list any more snipes. I also still have to wait 60 seconds to sign into my account, can't get the time down to 3 seconds, and 2 seconds, etc. I tried changing the times several times without any luck. Apparently the Gixen system doesn't realize that I am now a paid user. I was being treated better when I was a free subscriber! I have enjoyed using Gixen over the years, and want to still use the service, providing you can fix this problem.
Thank You,
PS: I just tried making a snipe and it still won't work, same message as above. Auction number: 372766158500
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it does sound like the Gixen account that you are using has not been flagged as having the Mirror service that you paid for. It is likely that an account that you are associated with has been, just not the one you are now using.

Only Mario can look into exactly what has happened and, to draw his attention, I suggest that you email him direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above. In that communication please include both your Gixen account name and the Ebay account name that is associated with it, reference to the Paypal payment details might also be useful in tracking down exactly what has happened.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at this, user had three Gixen accounts, mirror was on one not used at the moment. Maybe I should develop some routine to detect and auto-correct situations such as this one, it's becoming a common problem.
thisisfun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject: problem placing snipes Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Looked at this, user had three Gixen accounts, mirror was on one not used at the moment. Maybe I should develop some routine to detect and auto-correct situations such as this one, it's becoming a common problem.
In response to this, yes, I believe there is a problem as I have seen many people with this same problem, being a paid subscriber and not being able to do more than 4 snipes at a time. I only have the one gixen account as well. This has been going on for days now. Please post an update on your being able to fix this problem. Thank you.
lepetitgarou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Warning message missing Reply with quote

I too had the problem that a bid wasn't sent. Item expired without bids: 123930594661
OK,I discovered here that as a free account now I only have 4 bids/month. I was not aware of this. BUT somebody in this topic spoke of a red warning message. I haven't seen any. Why? It would have helped.
OTHER QUESTION: I have another account, the main one,paid. And it's working wothout problems.
No possibility of a cumulative payment for both?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the free account the missed auction will have been due to the issue referred to in this thread.

If you are permitted to enter the snipe it should fire under normal circumstances, there are not any further warnings about this specifically until you try to add a snipe that would exceed that limit, that I am aware of. However, in this case, the Main server was having an issue so without the backup of the Mirror server you would expect such a failure.

Only one Ebay account may be associated with each Gixen account at any one time, you can change which one at any time you want via the Settings page.

I recommend that you always use your Mirrored Gixen account to set up your snipes.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AT: Cupid:
thanks for your answer and explanations. When I had written, the messages concerning the failure hadn't yet appeared. It's very helpful to know I can switch the mirror subscription around. I had no idea it was possible, it's a wonderful feature, I'll use it for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.