Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen (with subscription) did not bid on item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Gixen (with subscription) did not bid on item Reply with quote

Hi,

this is the second time this happened - I am paying for subscription and Gixen did not bid on the item at all. My offsets are set for 4 (mirror) and 5 (primary) seconds. I just renewed my subscription and as you can imagine I'm not happy at all.

Samuel
samuel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know what information you need to help avoid this in the future. Otherwise I'd like to get a refund for my payment because this way I'm loosing on items with good prices just because your software will not bid. Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear you are having problems Samuel,

In order for anyone to be able to look into it please can I ask you to share a bit more information :

What was the item id of the auction for which there was a Gixen snipe that had this issue and after the auction had completed what was the status that Gixen assigned that snipe ?
samuel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The item ID is 312354396699 and unfortunately I don't have the status as I'm used to refresh the Gixen home (snipes) page by clicking on Purge completed - which is my bad, but I did not expect it to not submit the bid (I got at least this screenshot - oi68.tinypic.com/fkd79w.jpg). My amount to bid was 123 and the auction was won by a bid of 114.

I don't have the first case's ID as I did not think Gixen was at fault, but since this happened again I'd like to know the cause. Could it be because the winning bidder was a Gixen user too and set up a higher snipe? If so, why was not my bid submitted too, so the winning bid would be my bid of 123 + 1 to win it for him (assuming his bid was higher)? I just can't get my head around why there was no bid submission at all from my side, especially having paid for the mirror service.

Thanks!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel, the status I see is "Item cannot be purchased. Item cannot be purchased. Seller does not provide shipping to the country or region of your primary shipping address.".
samuel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do you see it, in Gixen logs or on Ebay? I've been using Gixen for ~3 years and as far as I can remember I never had bids rejected because of shipping - Gixen always shows the shipping as if I'm in the UK (assuming I'm bidding on ebay.co.uk listed item. If you're familiar with Gixen you must know it's this way, but if not, I can provide screenshots with any auction that is currently active.
samuel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, you're right. I believe some sellers have possiblity to restrict bids - I have not seen this before. Thank you for your help.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario will have found that message in the logs stored on the Gixen server.

Restricting bids for this reason is indeed a seller selected option which they can choose when listing, so you will find you can have an international delivery address and still bid quite often, but sooner or later you will find a seller that does use that option in order to prevent having to send things internationally if they don't want to do that any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.