Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Glitch:over 150 repetitive emails from gixen about bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
f33

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Glitch:over 150 repetitive emails from gixen about bids Reply with quote

Hi there, received over 150 repetitive emails at once from Gixen to my mailbox with action end notice for old items that I'd previously bid on. Never happened before and hope won't happen again (freaked me out at first). My ebay account is working normal, I think it's a Gixen glitch or something. Anyone had the same issue today? And how to fix it.
Thanks
plumbata

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I had the same thing occur, 12 repeat messages for a single ended auction.

Furthermore, I just entered a snipe, but didn't realize until the item ended (for rather less than my bid) that I had gotten a red error message saying something about an incorrect price format so the snipe couldn't be processed, even though I'm in the USA and the auction was also in dollars (never had issues with international bidding in other currencies though, so...)

I love Gixen and it's a wonderful service for the price, but something very screwy is going on right now.
tyfuzz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened the same with me.

15 consecutive email notifications from a past item.
tyfuzz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh... And another one...
120 messages this time. Sad
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

plumbata

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, yes now another 70 auction end notices for a single different auction. Clearly this is a widespread problem affecting many users. Thankfully I don't need to rely on the sniping for now as it's the weekend, hopefully Mario can figure it out soon?
mattheweric2009

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Email is being flooded with over 350+ messages Reply with quote

This morning (12/Cool my email is being bombarded with auction end notices. I have received over 350 separate emails and they keep coming. Dozens of the notices are for the same listing and all of the auctions ended quite some time ago. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?
Deafboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here: 72 times the same message
Rcc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Auction end notice multiple notifications - >100 Reply with quote

I likewise had multiple notifications of an ended bid 3 days old. In the uk
132872142240[/img]
donly1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Getting 10+ emails for each ended auction..
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology - there was an issue with the notification process. This is being fixed now. Aside from multiple notifications (that should stop now) there is no harm.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
My apology - there was an issue with the notification process. This is being fixed now. Aside from multiple notifications (that should stop now) there is no harm.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.