Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

entering url instead of item number

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rochlin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: entering url instead of item number Reply with quote

A really easy thing that I think a lot of people would like is if instead of entering the ebay item number when entering a new snipe, you could just paste the URL of the ebay auction page (either the item # or the URL could be entered).

It's trivial to parse the URL for the item #. I know it's not a big deal to find the item # on the page, but it's just easier to cut and paste the URL.

If you look at, for example, camelcamelcamel.com - an Amazon price tracker site - at the very top of the page you can enter either an amazon URL or an item description. I always enter the URL just cause it's brainless and faster.
Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you could already do this, perhaps Ebay has changed the format of the url again.

Or maybe this was only implemented for the mobile version of the site ?... Only Mario will know the answer to that question.

Please can you provide an indication of the format you are using which is not working, I do know there are several depending which site you are browsing on and how you search, etc.

Unfortunately, I also suspect that because of the above your 'trivial' statement, while it might apply to Amazon urls, may not apply, as you suggest, to all Ebay ones.
dogbert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: entering url instead of item number Reply with quote

rochlin wrote:
A really easy thing that I think a lot of people would like is if instead of entering the ebay item number when entering a new snipe, you could just paste the URL of the ebay auction page (either the item # or the URL could be entered).

It's trivial to parse the URL for the item #. I know it's not a big deal to find the item # on the page, but it's just easier to cut and paste the URL.

If you look at, for example, camelcamelcamel.com - an Amazon price tracker site - at the very top of the page you can enter either an amazon URL or an item description. I always enter the URL just cause it's brainless and faster.
Thanks!

+1 for this. I'll buy a Gixen subscription right away if the software can crawl/extract the listing number from the URL (it's done in ServerBidder/AceSniper) instead of having me find it on the page and paste it on Gixen.
Keith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixens plugin does this for you
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.