Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

ListingsHistory (old auctions links) url not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mander2017

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: ListingsHistory (old auctions links) url not working Reply with quote

Sorry for the probable OT subject, but I already wrote to the Support of ListingsHistory.com, without getting any reply at all.

The point is that clicking on an old item ID in the Gixen History tab, where 'old' means expired more than 90 days ago, I get automatically the page of ListingsHistory.com, in which they suggest to register for free to obtain the service of consulting a very big database of expired auctions, etc.

The registration doesn't work (no email of verification sent to me actually) and a mail of request of info to the support address:

support (at) listingshistory.com

has the same result of the registration process: nothing, no reply.

As in the main page of this website they say they need help economically etc. and at the bottom of the main page we can read:

© 2015 ListingsHistory.Com

I suppose the website is dead, isn't it?

In which case the function of automatically redirecting the old links of the Gixen History to this dead website should be fixed, IMO.
[And if the website is dead or offline, should be useful to say so]

Thx a lot

Roberto
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out,

Please email Mario direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above.

He should be able to advise as to whether that service is still being maintained... Personally, I haven't heard otherwise, but I do suspect it's costly to maintain such a site without any significant investment or support.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the e-mail verification system ever worked - it wasn't working when I registered with the site about 2 years ago.

Having said that registration does work - the verification doesn't seem to be required. I just checked it on an item I won in 2016: If you aren't logged in you are prompted to do so and only see the item photo. Once logged in you get details such as the item description, high bid, photo etc.

Rick
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ListingsHistory is in process of being discontinued. I will remove links in Gixen shortly.

It looked like a good idea at the time, but it never picked up traffic, so I decided to stop investing in it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMMER, it was a great idea. I'd pay for it. I remember when you use to look back until eBay started and it was great, your site was 2nd best thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.