Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

my bid disappeared

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rust0x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: my bid disappeared Reply with quote

Yesterday night I bid with gixen this item 222833871978, I added it on the website and then monitored on the desktop manager, this morning i loged in to the manager and the bid was not there, went to the website and it wasnt there, I added it again 10 seconds before the bid ended and I lost. what went wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't a problem that has been reported before.

Is Rust0x your one and only Gixen id ?

If something like this happens to anyone else, 10 seconds before that auction ends is too late to do anything about it, you are better submitting your bid manually yourself if it's in the last two minutes of the auction.

Lets investigate in order to ensure it doesn't ever happen again though, or, at least, we know what issue caused it.
Rust0x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Is Rust0x your one and only Gixen id ?

Yes it is, I did edit the bid price in manager desktop and then on the website and probably that caused a bug
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's unlikely to be the cause because plenty of people have edited snipes using both interfaces, over many years and not reported that their snipes have disappeared, after all it's a pretty standard thing to do, I think we would know by now if it didn't work under certain circumstances.

Of course editing snipes in the final two minutes often causes them to fail, but that's warned about on the snipes page... and anyway, it's not what you are reporting that you did, other than to try to rectify the fact that it had disappeared.

Only Mario has access to the server logs, so he is the only one with the access required to further investigate the snipe on item 222833871978 for your Gixen id of Rust0x.

If he doesn't spot this thread and respond to it in the next couple of days please email him direct at the support address given on the Contact tab above and direct him to this thread, so that he can provide us all with an answer.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I see is deleted item some 15 minutes after it was last edited, around Sun Feb 18 02:24:01 PST.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.