Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

Gixen Desktop Manager 2.0.2 has just been released.

Improvements include:

1) GDM is now 64-bit. which makes it perform better and be more friendly on Windows 7, Windows 10, etc.

2) A third-party openssl library that was previously needed and distributed with GDM is no longer needed.

3) As before, GDM does not install - you unpack the zip archive and run it. It's free from adware and spyware as long as you download it from Gixen.Com (download link is below). Please avoid any other site that offers it, some modify it and add all kind of different garbage that you don't want installed on your computer.

I will see if interest for 32-bit app still exists to release it in parallel, but the default distro will now be 64-bit.

You can download it from https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager.zip
22dollar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

I will see if interest for 32-bit app still exists to release it in parallel, but the default distro will now be 64-bit.

Need 32 bit, thanks
Frichmout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Gixen desktop manager and Norton Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I have just downloaded GDM and at first execution, Norton (Symantec endpoint protection V12.1.6) said it was not a safe file and has deleted it...
Crying or Very sad
frichmout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: GDM and Norton, precision Reply with quote

Precision : Norton report

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Risque de sécurité détecté.
Security risk detected: WS.Reputation.1
File: [local location] GixenDesktopManager.exe
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: GDM and Norton, precision

charlescarmichael12

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,
Thanks very much for a new release will try it over the coming days
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frichmout,

I guarantee you I haven't put any malware into GDM. The only important thing is to download it from Gixen directly, and not some shady third-party site.

As for the Norton, definitely not my favourite anti-virus software.
Nutters

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Gixen Desktop Manager (64-bit) released Reply with quote

Would appreciate 32 bit as well, thanks
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to mention that the links to the Gixen Desktop Manager on the main gixen.com home page are currently giving an error "The topic or post you requested does not exist".

Also, is there any way to know when there is a new version of Gixen Desktop Manager (or indeed of the Firefox extension) without having to visit the Community to check? I'd be happy to be on a (low volume) Gixen mailing list that told me about updates, planned outages, etc.
gipsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to have the 32-bit version of Gixen Desktop Manager.
I know that the future is at 64 bits, for questions of organization and computer park, I stay at 32 bits (for the moment).
Thanks
Gip
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for a 32 bit release, please and thank you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32-bit version is now available at:

https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager-32bit.zip
Ramona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramona wrote:
Just to mention that the links to the Gixen Desktop Manager on the main gixen.com home page are currently giving an error "The topic or post you requested does not exist".

Also, is there any way to know when there is a new version of Gixen Desktop Manager (or indeed of the Firefox extension) without having to visit the Community to check? I'd be happy to be on a (low volume) Gixen mailing list that told me about updates, planned outages, etc.

Just to mention that the links are still broken - and I'd still like a way to know when a new version is released Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I updated the link on the home page. For major GDM updates - I disable the old version on the server side, so you know immediately that you must upgrade. I don't do that always - e.g. not for minor updates, as it's a hassle for users who may not need the update.

I will see that I add another flag on the settings page (e.g. email for GDM updates), as I don't want to email all users about something they may not use at all.
22dollar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: 32 BIT Desktop Manager Reply with quote

[quote="mario"]32-bit version is now available at: ....

Thanks for 32 BIT Desktop Manager ! ! !

Can [32 BIT] Desktop Manager be loaded with Firefox and then have items go to Firefox eBay pages when item clicked on??
To avoid bidding yourself up when forgetting you are using Firefox Autosnipe for your eBay bids instead of Explorer.
Very Happy
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really understanding this 22dollar,

There is only one Gixen snipe amount for any particular auction, whether you add that snipe via the web interface, via Autosnipe or via the Gixen Desktop Manager, they all access the same Gixen database.
ralwine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: GDM and Norton, precision Reply with quote

frichmout wrote:
Precision : Norton report

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Risque de sécurité détecté.
Security risk detected: WS.Reputation.1
File: [local location] GixenDesktopManager.exe
Rolling Eyes

Norton always considers anything they don't recognize - or that enough subscribers aren't signed on to - something to quarantine. So do a number of other malware bots.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don't buy as much from eBay as I used to, I have downloaded the Gixen Desktop Manager and Android app and it has made buying from eBay so much easier.
Thank you for this.

James
Nomz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Any plans for a Mac OS verison? Reply with quote

I was wondering if you planed to release a mac os and/or ios version of the desktop manager. I know I can run the windows version in one of the many different virtual machine software but it would be much more convenient to have a OSX version if possible.

Thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomz,

Do you know how much a development environment for an Apple device costs ?

It might have to be crowd funded, just to make it an economic option.
jraytay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Mirror Upgrade Reply with quote

Just signed up and won bid by $21 less than my top offer. Even though Mirror may not seem like much value added for $6 I purchased to support this excellent program. Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Support is being requested here.
bhaktamal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject: 32-bit request Reply with quote

mario wrote:

32-bit please, thank you.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhaktamal wrote:
mario wrote:

32-bit please, thank you.

mario wrote:

https://www.gixen.com/gdm/GixenDesktopManager-32bit.zip

clcurrie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Scary Notice Reply with quote

I just signed up and downloaded the desktop app but when I signed in, I got this notice:

Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

Where is "the page" in eBay?
juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log in to your Gixen account and click the [Settings] button to go to your Settings page.

Follow the Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account link and carry out the instructions.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
kinggooner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Desktop Mgr doesn't retain my logon id and password Reply with quote

I have to input my login name and password into Desktop Manager every time I open it.
I have ticked the "remember" box on every occasion, however, the next time I use it I always have to input my credentials again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that the account that you are using to run the application doesn't have update access to the working directory that the application is using.

The credentials would normally get stored in an file called gixen.ini in that directory.
Paid User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Scary Notice Reply with quote

clcurrie wrote:
I just signed up and downloaded the desktop app but when I signed in, I got this notice:

Your eBay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

Where is "the page" in eBay?

1) Log in your account (Log in Now)  at Gixen site.

2) On your home main account,  click the Settings button.

3) scroll down a bit until you see "eBay authorization token status" and click "Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account" link

4) You will be taken to eBay site automatically  Log in your eBay account that you want it associated with Gixen

5) click agree

6) it will go back to Gixen.com automatically with a message saying  "Thank you. Account re-authorized. The new expiry date is: (date here - good for about 18 months)

Do the same thing every 17-18 months  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: country error again on version 2.0.02 Reply with quote

mario wrote:

/gdm/GixenDesktopManager-32bit.zip

hi mario,

this 32-bit version has "country error" on windows 7 ultimate version.

kindly check why GDM has this prob.

Thanks, jfrancis
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: country error again on version 2.0.02 Reply with quote

21259006311259 wrote:
"country error"

Is that the only message that you get, and is it in a separate window ?

Can you get to the 'Settings->Username and Password' option ?

If so have you tried changing the credentials via the panel that comes up after selecting that option ?
itsme13804

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: New 64 bit Desktop Manager Reply with quote

I have tried the new version for the last 2-3 days and I offer the following comments:

Credentials are not remembered even thought the box is checked.

Print is very small and hard to read. (I use a 23" monitor.)

Individual lines need to be separated somehow. Perhaps using color on every other line instead of each line.

No item thumbnails. This makes it difficult to locate an individual listing without reading each description.

Most of all, it is very slow to load compared to the original Desktop Manager.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: New 64 bit Desktop Manager Reply with quote

itsme13804 wrote:

The application requires write access to the working directory before that can work as the details are stored (encrypted) in a file on your hard drive.
thirrouard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Nomz,

Do you know how much a development environment for an Apple device costs ?

It might have to be crowd funded, just to make it an economic option.

Cost $99 a year to be part of the Apple Developer Program...
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thirrouard wrote:
Cost $99 a year to be part of the Apple Developer Program...

Does that include access to all the hardware and software required to support Apple devices ?
Luckytx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject: How does this work for auctions? Reply with quote

Okay, can someone explain to me how this site works for auctions, step by step as I have not been able to make this work for me and I am clueless about what I am doing. Hope to be lucky again.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the FAQ page, accessed via the tab above ?

Can you be more specific about where you are having problems, eg, logging in on the web interface, setting up snipes using the fields and the 'Add' button, downloading and using the Desktop Manager on Windows systems (if you prefer not to use the web interface), changing the Settings, etc. etc.

Otherwise the question is a bit too wide to respond to directly here in anything like a succinct fashion.
kk0456

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail.

Hi

When I open gixen page, above message appears.
But I have paid six USD to continue this service via Paypal February6.
Did you confirm that payment?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your authorisation is not the same thing as your subscription.

You don't pay for your authorisation but you do need to renew it at least once every 18 months, because Ebay expires it after that.

You can renew it by logging in here via the web interface then selecting the 'Settings' button that appears just below the tabs, to the left of the 'Logout' button, then you can renew your authorisation via the second section of the page that comes up.
jshailes

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Linux support Reply with quote

Hi. I was just looking for the desktop client and came across this thread. I was wondering if there's ever been a version that can run under linux. If not and it's something you'd be interesting in doing I'd be happy to help with dev. TIA
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there has never been a version for Linux.

As far as providing development support, you are best discussing that directly with Mario, via email, at the support address given on the Contact tab.
dakid

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: GDM shows \"bid under asking price.\" Reply with quote

How odd. I bid (and won the item), but GDM shows status as "bid under asking price. Any idea why it says that?

Also, I clicked on Img on this post so I could attach the image but it didn't work. It just gave me this ---> [img]. [/img]
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to share images here is to upload them to an image hosting site and then provide a link here (without the leading https).

It is probably that you are looking at the status for the later server which would have received that status since once a bid is accepted by Ebay it won't accept another of the same (or less) amount from the same user for the same item.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
dakid

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: GDM shows \"bid under asking price.\" Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. I'm still not sure I understand why the GDM program shows "bid under asking price," since I won the auction.

Are you saying that the GDM program is the later server?

Under status (mirror) it says HIGH BIDDER.

I thought I'd bring this to your attention in case its a glitch that needs to be fixed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'HIGH BIDDER' means that you won.

This means that the Mirror server got the bid in first (perhaps you had a larger offset for the Mirror ?), then the Main server came along and tried to place the same bid, but at that point Ebay will reject it because there is already a bid of that amount that they have accepted. If for some reason the Mirror bid had not been accepted or had failed to be sent this bid from the Main would have been your backup, making sure that your bid did get placed after all.

The status of 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE' means that Ebay wouldn't accept a bid of that amount at the time that server tried to place the bid.

This is normal operation, nothing to worry about.
compuguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Linux support Reply with quote

jshailes wrote:
Hi. I was just looking for the desktop client and came across this thread. I was wondering if there's ever been a version that can run under linux. If not and it's something you'd be interesting in doing I'd be happy to help with dev. TIA

The app seems to work with wine...so that's an option...
pimento

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject: understanding desktop Reply with quote

HI
looking at the desktop, I understand the yellow and the red, but some snipes are grey and others are white. What's the difference
regards
peter
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grey one is the one that is currently selected. So if you perform an action like 'Edit' or 'Delete' that is the one the action applies to.
dakid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject: Error Messages on Desktop version of Gixen Reply with quote

I just got a new Dell WIndows 10 laptop and downloaded the desktop version of Gixen.

When I log onto the desktop version of Gixen it says, "cannot user country, using default." Why does it say that nag screen and how to I get rid of it?

When I try to log onto the desktop version it also says?
Error:(101) Log in on gixen.com first

How can I stop it from saying that? The weird thing is that I'm logged onto gixen (that's how I'm posting this message).
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to be able to log into Gixen in order to be able to post here.

From what you are saying it sounds like your credentials are not being accepted via the Desktop Manager.

I would first check that you can log into the website using the 'Log in Now' button above, note that it is your Gixen id and password you use, which are not the same as your Ebay credentials. Once you are certain you have credentials that work I'd then go back to the Desktop Manager and check that you are using exactly the same for that.
liefscale

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: 2.02 Reply with quote

Thanks Mario all good
mzzyrae

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject: ERROR Reply with quote

Every thing works until I click the Gixen button then I get this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'https' (T_STRING) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen/maintenance.php on line 19[/b]
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10608

There was an issue this evening.
wichitalaw

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I tried to use the desktop manager and it will not allow me to log in it always tells me to log into gixen.com first and i try however never successful. would like to use it as paying for it. thx
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand.. are you saying you can't log in to both the Desktop Manager or here on the website ?

If so have you tried resetting your password using this page:

https://www.gixen.com/forgotpassword.php

or checking that you have the correct Gixen id using:

https://www.gixen.com/forgotusername.php
kodafixed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Desktop Manager Throwing Error (new install) Reply with quote

I recently upgraded my system to Win11 and ever since I get this error when I refresh my ebay wishlist: "Could not get item list, error returned:"
and there's no error code/message after the colon.

v2.0.2 - 64bit
Bytesmiths

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:19 pm    Post subject: Not that expensive Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Do you know how much a development environment for an Apple device costs?
Xcode is free, and it runs dandy on my thirteen-year-old Power Mac. You can find nice upgraded ones on Craigs List or evilBay for well under a kilobuck.

Hope you aren't living so close to the pocketbook that you'd have to crowd fund that!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Not that expensive Reply with quote

Bytesmiths wrote:
Xcode is free, and it runs dandy on my thirteen-year-old Power Mac. You can find nice upgraded ones on Craigs List or evilBay for well under a kilobuck.

You are replying to a very old post. The cost of the tools / environment has never been an issue, it's the cost / time that takes to develop apps.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Not that expensive Reply with quote

Bytesmiths wrote:
Cupid wrote:
Do you know how much a development environment for an Apple device costs?

Hope you aren't living so close to the pocketbook that you'd have to crowd fund that!

Whilst a version of XCode may run on your machine, I'm pretty sure won't be able to produce any apps which will themselves launch on a vaguely recent version of macOS / iOS using a copy of XCode that runs on a 13yo Mac.

Especially if you have a "Power Mac" (Motorola PowerPC based CPU). The entire architecture is different from Intel/Apple Silicon hardware.
beachbumtech72

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Desktop Manager Throwing Error (new install) Reply with quote

Same errors for me trying to import watch lists.

kodafixed wrote:
I recently upgraded my system to Win11 and ever since I get this error when I refresh my ebay wishlist: "Could not get item list, error returned:"
and there's no error code/message after the colon.

v2.0.2 - 64bit
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried importing your watch list via the web interface, and if so are any issues thrown up by doing that ?
cavecreekgoat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject: MAC verion Reply with quote

Another MAC user here that would like this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that desktop manager is only available for Windows and there is not a Mac version. Correct? Interested in a Mac version in the future, if possible.

Thanks!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people have had success with running this under windows emulation software like Wine.
Buybid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Mac version Reply with quote

But the browser version works well so no need to have desktop.
Also have my history since I started with Mario in 2014! Surprised
BOTulism

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:54 am    Post subject: The app works under Wine Reply with quote

Quote:
Cupid wrote:
Some people have had success with running this under windows emulation software like Wine.

The Windows application does indeed appear to run correctly under Wine on Linux (Kubuntu) 23.10.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New 64 bit Desktop Manager Reply with quote

Quote:
Cupid wrote:
Quote:

itsme13804 wrote:

The application requires write access to the working directory before that can work as the details are stored (encrypted) in a file on your hard drive.

Yup, for me I had to run the manager as administrator once, put in my creds, after the manager remembers my creds when not ran as admin.

Thanks for the tool!
Bar72

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:04 am    Post subject: Desktop manager Reply with quote

64 bit keeps freezing with a \"Not Responding\" message running on Windows 10 LTSC build 1809 build 17763.5206, however, the 32 bit version runs perfect.

Thanks for making the 32 bit version available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: