Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

S&H: amount on Scheduled bids: is wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.fromoz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: S&H: amount on Scheduled bids: is wrong Reply with quote

This extra info and links on the Scheduled bids: appears it's come after the closer link with ebay, but the S&H looks wrong.
On the two items I have listed in Scheduled bids the S&H is about one third of that showing on ebay.
I am comparing original listing currency on both , which are different, and I decided my bidding on the ebay amount because that's what I will be charged.
Nevertheless, it could easily fool me if I didn't double check. If the figure is there it should be consistent.

(Just as an aside the one third amount showing on Gixen Scheduled bids is more like what the postage should be rather than the ripoff the seller will be charging. Is there a clue to the discrepancy in that ?)

item ids. 232529524382, 332418521905
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the point that the S&H value was often wrong quite a while ago here.

I am also on record as stating many times, all over this discussion area that if such information is going to be displayed on snipes it MUST ALWAYS BE ACCURATE, otherwise it is WORSE THAN USELESS.

But nothing appears to be done about this, other than blaming Ebay for the inaccuracy, but then not hold them to account, which is disappointing.
efromoz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Post subject: S&H: amount on Scheduled bids: is wrong Reply with quote

Thanks for those links Cupid.
The thread about the S and H not appearing on all snipes is one thing , but when it does appear it should be right.
I couldn't post in the thread (?) but this is a quote from Mario post "...shipping, is personalized to the user who requested it..." . This is supposed to explain why they are different amounts for everybody the same way the eBay figure depends how much it is for where it has to be shipped to.
That's understood; but they are outright wrong !!

If it's going to be displayed then just import the eBay figure, don't go inventing another one.

Either don't have it or have it right .

(I don't use Gixen often enough to know about setting a 'home site' or whatever, but I really don't think it should make any difference.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.