Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

OUTAGE THIS EVENING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: OUTAGE THIS EVENING Reply with quote

I am aware of the issue and have been working on it. You should be able to log in now.

I will post another more detailed update a bit later.
yokoono

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OUTAGE THIS EVENING Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I am aware of the issue and have been working on it. You should be able to log in now.

I will post another more detailed update a bit later.

Not only were we not able to log in, you didn't place bids.

I know it's a free service, but thanks a lot, guys.
dizzydave2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too lost an item when Gixen didn't bid. Sold for less than half my bid. But over all I am extreamly pleased with Gixen service. I now do all my ebay bids though Gixen. Problems arise now and then and Mario corrects them as quickly as possible. I can't imagine the amount of time he puts into this. My sincere thanks to Mario, Mark and anyone else who may be involved in keeping this site running and us informed.
x0mage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: I lost an item too! Reply with quote

I had lost out on a bid for a Game of Thrones season 6 Blu-Ray set.. price that it ended at was a lot less than what I had a bid in for.. Even though I'm flustered about it, I have to had it to Mario, because I have had so much success in winning bids! I am on disability, so my finances are really very little, and using Gixen has helped me so many times I can't count! I've paid for the service for a number of years and it has been the best Investment I have made (I might live to regret those words..lol) Seriously, if you're a free member Upgrade to the mirror service.. You will not regret it, and if you're even half-way happy with your results, then you will be much more so! I'm not paid, or work for, Mario & Gixen.. I just know a great service that every once in a while might have a fluke.. (And from doing a little reading eBay is perhaps making it more difficult for Gixen) Trust me, over the years it's been very rare when there is a breakdown, and I would say being a Mirror subscriber makes it very unlikely that you will miss out on something. Seriously it's understandable to be mad at losing an item, but there's always that next "find" and sure enough with Gixen you can get that item for the price that you're willing to pay. Really for those out there I change my mind Don't use Gixen, Don't use Gixen [using mental mind control..lol With reverse psychology] Again Thank you Mario.. I do owe it to you for letting me land some things that I wasn't sure I was going to get (guitars, and much more). Take care and God Bless!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: I lost an item too!

Topfloridian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Outage last night Reply with quote

Re: ebay # 112593327709

I also lost a bed last night, and I am a PAID Gixen member.
Topfloridian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Outage last night Reply with quote

Topfloridian wrote:
Re: ebay # 112593327709

I also lost a bid last night, and I am a PAID Gixen member.
56gbb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:15 am    Post subject: outage Reply with quote

As a Gixen Mirror subscriber, my bids were submitted yesterday, but only by the Mirror service. "Stuff happens", so I would highly recommend the low cost of the upgrade. I bid a lot on eBay and used the free service for years, but all my bids have gone through since upgrading 3 years ago. Overall VERY pleased w/ Gixen. (And, no, I am NOT a Gixen employee)
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topfloridian,

What was the status that Gixen gave the snipe on the Mirror tab, after the auction had completed ?
microshnik

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a bid go through on Main (and Mirror), so it looks like last night's issue might be resolved. Any idea what was going wrong?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main server went down, hard. It looks like there was a simultaneous issue on mirror, completely unrelated, but that was short lived. Still, there were several double failures, unfortunately. I will see what I can reasonably do to make it up to affected mirror users.

Since last night, I now moved the main service to a completely different server in a different facility. I expect this will not happen again any time soon.
FireBad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 am    Post subject: Main Timeout and no Mirror bid Reply with quote

mario wrote:
The main server went down, hard. It looks like there was a simultaneous issue on mirror, completely unrelated, but that was short lived. Still, there were several double failures, unfortunately. I will see what I can reasonably do to make it up to affected mirror users.

Since last night, I now moved the main service to a completely different server in a different facility. I expect this will not happen again any time soon.

It is still happening. This happened Oct 15 at 9:10 PM CDT.

I am a Mirror subscriber.

Auction 202079886729

My Snipe was $188.88. Auction sold for $176.50

Gixen Auction end email:

Item: 202079886729
Title: DELL PRECISION T1700 DESKTOP | XEON E3-1246 3.50GHZ | 1TB | 16GB RAM | No OS
Status (main): HTTP TIMEOUT (77)
Status (mirror):
Your maximum bid: 188.88
Current price: 176.50

Okay so the main server timed out. Why was there no Mirror bid? If the mirror had bid I probably would have won as I won an earlier one (202079874548) for $183.50.
FireBad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Main & Mirror now working great Reply with quote

Main & Mirror now working great now.

Item: 162710391780
Title: 3D Boxx Custom PC Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz 16GB RAM Dual K4000 Video Cards
Status (main): HIGH BIDDER
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 237.77
Current price: 202.50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.