Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

HTTP Timeout

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mander2017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: HTTP Timeout Reply with quote

And yet another auction lost, while I should have won, this time the error code was 77 - http Timeout (last time it was 'Unknown error', see related topic, and still don't know the reason of that one...)

Irony is that I just renewed my subscription to the mirror for 2 years instead of one: of course I am rapidly losing faith in the whole system.
Like the old Romans said 'errare human, sed perseverare diabolicum'.

Item n. 391901615425.

Winning bid US$ 96.

My line in Gixen:
Offset: 3 ENDED 153.79 78.00 USD HTTP TIMEOUT (77)

[first consideration: the slow speed, quite far from 'real time', with which the gixen website presents the actual of final high bid]

I set both the main and the mirror at 3 secs offset, about 2 hrs before the auction deadline.

Thx

Mander
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mander2017, I sure agree with that latin phrase. When you say "yet another" which previous one do you refer to?

Either way, I did not take this failure lightly, and Gixen main service is now moved away from the ISP that caused too many failures. In retrospect, it was wrong not to do this sooner.

Please email me and I will do my best to make this up to you. The very least I can do is refund that mirror payment.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your reply!

No need to apologize, seriously, as I appreciate a lot the Gixen service (that's why I renewed the mirror for two years instead of one), and no need at all to refund anything: I'm sure I saved an awful lot of money using this platform, and I'm conscious of the fact that 'shit happens' (less Roman, more actual)

Sorry therefore for my tone in the previous post, a little (a lot?) irritated, as still 'hot'... I sincerely apologize for that. Smile

'Yet another' because I still have no news about the first case happened to me last August:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8511&highlight=unknown+error

Although I was warned, for that one, it could have taken quite some time to analyze the problem... the happening of a similar one (a different error code, but the same result, finally), and still having no explanation about the first one of course makes me doubt a little.

Possible that there will never be an explanation for that, this, or both of them?

Take care

Roberto
FireBad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: HTTP TIMEOUT (77) caused me to lose auction, no Mirror Bid Reply with quote

I am a Mirror subscriber.

Auction 202079886729

My Snipe was $188.88. Auction sold for $176.50

Gixen Auction end email:

Item: 202079886729
Title: DELL PRECISION T1700 DESKTOP | XEON E3-1246 3.50GHZ | 1TB | 16GB RAM | No OS
Status (main): HTTP TIMEOUT (77)
Status (mirror):
Your maximum bid: 188.88
Current price: 176.50

Okay so the main server timed out. Why was there no Mirror bid? If the mirror had bid I probably would have won as I won an earlier one (202079874548) for $183.50.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: HTTP TIMEOUT (77) caused me to lose auction, no Mirror Bid

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FireBad,

Mario has mentioned on this thread that the Mirror was affected by an unrelated issue at the same time.

Hopefully moving the Main server to a new, completely different, data centre will prevent any recurrence.
FireBad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Timeout still happening along with Mirror not bidding Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
FireBad,

Mario has mentioned on a thread that the Mirror was affected by an unrelated issue at the same time.

Mario: Hopefully moving the Main server to a new, completely different, data centre will prevent any recurrence.

Mario's post was at 10:37 AM on the 15th. The timeout on the main server and the Mirror not bidding happened at 9:10 PM on the 15th so the problem is still occurring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.