Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Failed bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redcastril

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Failed bids Reply with quote

I'm new to this and tonight I set a few bids. Two of them failed to work and although there were no other bidders I didn't win as my bids were'nt placed.
222621868811 and 222623006828 were the auctions. I don't think they ended at the same times as my other bids, and they weren't grouped, so I don't know what I did wrong?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status did Gixen give these snipes after the auctions had finished ?
redcastril

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auction ended. This auction has ended.
foxpro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Did not win though the winning bid was $100 less Reply with quote

I too faced the same issue. My max was $100 more than the winning bid. Looks like Gixen did not snipe at all. And I am a paid member.

Item id : 332355242556
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Did not win though the winning bid was $100 less

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redcastril,

I'm assuming these were not Mirrored if you've only just started ?

So the offset would have been 6 seconds, the default ?

If both those are true only Mario will be able to look into it further and give you more information.

If you would like to ask him to do that you can do so be emailing him at the support address given on the Contact tab above, and in addition to providing a link to this thread, so that he can answer here to the benefit of us all, please also include both your Gixen id and your Ebay id.

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
jmcc01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here also , I am also loosing some bids.

Some said "http time out" , but others , simply say ENDED, without more info, even when I had better bids than winner's

For instance : article 263168536637
redcastril

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
redcastril,

I'm assuming these were not Mirrored if you've only just started ?

So the offset would have been 6 seconds, the default ?

If both those are true only Mario will be able to look into it further and give you more information.

If you would like to ask him to do that you can do so be emailing him at the support address given on the Contact tab above, and in addition to providing a link to this thread, so that he can answer here to the benefit of us all, please also include both your Gixen id and your Ebay id.

That's right, Mark. I haven't reset any defaults so it should be 6 seconds and also I don't have a mirror. Thing is I set 5 bids with the same seller and 3 of them went off okay. All the items ended at different times so I assumed there wouldn't be any kind of conflict. Maybe I'll try Mario. Thanks.
russelk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, my bid for item 253116350202 was not placed. It simply says ENDED with no further information that I can see.
2013heff2013

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Failed bids Reply with quote

Phew! I thought my sellers had worked out how to block Gixen then!

Since yesterday I have had 6 failed WINNING bids? Who psses up on more money??
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these were not Mirrored snipes, i.e. executed only via the Main facility then they could be as a result of this incident.
redcastril

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
If these were not Mirrored snipes, i.e. executed only via the Main facility then they could be as a result of this incident.

Well that's definitely in my time-frame. If that's the case it's not a great introduction to this type of bidding as far as I go. It's not a big deal because I was only bidding on low value stuff but I'd like to think I can place a bid and it'll work and at the moment I can't be sure. Probably worth getting a mirror for $6 but all the same...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

redcastril,

Actually I entirely agree with you, incidents like this only harm the reputation of the service in general... and no matter that Mirror helps, this actually dissuades users from continuing to use the service and therefore contribute, in the future, by buying a Mirror subscription.

So we need to be sure the root causes are investigated and assurances sought that they won't be allowed to happen again. If such assurances can't be obtained then the only option will be to move the main facility elsewhere in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.