Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen.net wont allow me to add new snipes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fordman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Gixen.net wont allow me to add new snipes Reply with quote

Hi, I've tried to add several snipes with the new Gixen.net service. I link my Gixen account with my ebay account. I had two snipes set prior to the migration and they're showing but I cant add anymore. I add the ebay item number, bid amount and then click ADD, screen updates with no new snipes showing.

ebay item #192257992652

Any help would be appreciated.

Fordman
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just managed to add that one to my account via gixen.net... so it is possible... can you confirm that you are logged into gixen.net with your new Gixen credentials ?

If you are... then perhaps there is some temporary glitch going on... please can you try again and report back any errors.. or successes.

Last edited by Cupid on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Linman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. It shows my two existing snipes ported from gixen.com but whenever I add any new snipes it just ignores them. There then seems to be an error message displayed when I log out, but it happens too quickly to see what it is.
Fordman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Gixen.net wont allow me to add new snipes Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I just managed to add that one to my account via gixen.net... so it is possible... can you confirm that you are logged into gixen.net with you new Gixen credentials ?

If you are... then perhaps there is some temporary glitch going on... please can you try again and report back any errors.. or successes.

Just tried to add the ebay item number I posted and same result, screen refreshes but nothing showing on my screen as being added. I also 're-linked' my ebay account with Gixen.net and still nothing.

Fordman
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Gixen.net wont allow me to add new snipes

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't reproduce this problem with my own account... So, in that case, I recommend that you send the details to Mario direct via email at the support address given on the Contact tab above.

In this case please include your new Gixen id (no need for your Ebay one since that is linked to it now) and the item id that you can't add, but is providing no error message when you try to.
autovat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same issue this morning. 1 existing snipe, but I cannot add any new bids.
Clicking the Add button erases the values entered, but they are not added to the table above. There is no message displayed when clicking add.
autovat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the logout error message:

Warning: pg_exec() [function.pg-exec]: Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "WHERE" LINE 5: WHERE USERNAME='MYUSERNAME' ^ in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen.net/database.php on line 41
24k20

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same issue of not being able to add new snipes to my list today. Copy paste any eBay item # on my watch list to add the item with a bid value and press the add button. When the screen refreshes the item is nowhere on the list. Tried this on Firefox and IE browsers in case the browser made a difference. Still failed.

Imported ALL of my watch list which did bring in the items, but when I then went to edit one to add a bid value and pressed the modify button the item disappeared from the list. Tried to edit another and it too disappeared from the list.

I've been using Gixen as a paid user for 5 years now and all I can say is that I'm not impressed with these recent changes.
Ge2Meh2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: +1 (cannot add snipes) Reply with quote

I cannot add snipes, either. Tried with 282574529560 and 253060008035. Hope these snipes are now not invisibly active.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does now seem to be an error that is affecting a number of different users.

I haven't spotted what is common to them all yet...

Mario needs to figure out what is going on here... and I think this is now being raised ion priority by the number of you posting on this thread with the same issue.

The more of you that contact him direct, via email, with the details and specifics you have, the sooner he's going to fix it for you all.

Out of interest, are you all posting here referencing your Gixen ids, your Ebay ids, or neither ?
Seedtick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Add me to the list Reply with quote

eBay item 372016096031
Add me to the list, I'm also unable to get a snipe to take. When I click the Add button the numbers just go away.
Thanks for your help.
Seedtick aka Greg
jrmaddox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a new post about this, but like everyone else I'm also having the issue. Doesn't matter the item code I always get the same message "Could not add this item (Whatever The Item Number Is)(1, -1)"

I have other items on there that I added before the change and they all say that they're scheduled on main and mirror but I had a few items that I wanted sniped a few hours ago and gixen didn't even attempt to bid. Bummer for sure.
CGold

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I have also tried adding snipes for several items with no success; the page refreshes, but the items aren't added to the list of pending snipes. Really hoping for a speedy resolution on this! Thanks.
CGold

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have mentioned by the way, I get no error message.
jrmaddox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I don't know what's going on with my Gixen, desktop manager wont sign me in, both main and mirror wont add snipes. Also when I try to sign in on the website it's a hit or a miss, sometimes it will log me on and others it will say eBay rejected my password and kick me back to the sign in page.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These may be different issues, please email me and include details and your Gixen and eBay usename(s).
beerwahqld

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Snipes not loading into system Reply with quote

My Gixen.net snipes are not loading in the system.
When I enter the eBay item number and press TAB key to enter my snipe bid amount and then click Add the screen then loads and there is no snipe in the list !
Please help
John

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I too am unable to add new snipes. I keep getting the error: "Could not add this item (<item number>)(1, -1)."

I tried logging out then back in multiple times with no success (the login works and I see previous snipes, but no new ones can be added). I have also verified that the Gixen third-party authorization is still active on ebay. Adding new snipes worked once earlier today, but then has failed on multiple items over many hours. The error message is not very helpful. I hope this can be fixed soon.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree that this is likely a common problem that you are all having...

However, it is not one that I can reproduce on either of my transitioned accounts... so it isn't universal.

As of now, Mario is requesting (see above) that you all individually send him emails, to the support address given on the Contact tab above. Send him emails from the account you have registered with gixen.net, and include both your Gixen id and your Ebay id.

The sooner more of you do this, and express this same problem with your accounts, the sooner Mario is likely to find what this issue is and fix it for you all...
equinoxygene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, plus two more

- I tried to edit my "Settings", I got a link at the top telling me that I need to authorize Gixen access to Ebay (something that I have already done when I re-registered).
- When I clicked on the link, I got the following message:

"Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (3). Please repeat the signup procedure."
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

equinoxygene,

Please see the response I gave to your similar post on this thread:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=30646
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

equinoxygene,

That link there does not tell you you have to re-authorize, it only gives you an ability to do it if needed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
That link there does not tell you you have to re-authorize, it only gives you an ability to do it if needed.

I'm glad we are still agreeing about most stuff Smile...

I just put my, similar, response in the other place it was reported as a bug.
equinoxygene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
equinoxygene,

I understand. They are bugs, nevertheless. Granted, less annoying than the major bugs that I have been reporting since early yesterday:

-inability to add any new snipes
-deletion of any snipe I intend to edit

What progress have you made fixing those?

BTW, I have been running with a blank passwd since yesterday since the feature used for resetting passwds simply deletes them and, contrary to the spec, does not provide any new passwd. There "Settings" does not have any provision for adding a new passwd once you have reset it. A whole bunch of annoying bugs.
jrmaddox

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having this issue today, I however have noticed that when you go to the settings and re-authorize it'll come back with "Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (3). Please repeat the signup procedure." but you then log in from that screen and it allows me to put up snipes again. This however only seems to last a few minutes and then starts saying items can't be added again.

I've been able to put up a few new bids doing so but who knows if Gixen will actually send the bids so I'll just have to monitor the items and probably manually bid when the time comes. Although yesterday I tested it with a cheap game excepting it not to work and it actually bid for me and showed "WON", but I had to repeat the process to add something else. I already emailed Mario so I'll see what he has to say.
gixenluckmaison

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: not able to place bids Reply with quote

equinoxygene wrote:
Same problem here, plus two more

- I tried to edit my "Settings", I got a link at the top telling me that I need to authorize Gixen access to Ebay (something that I have already done when I re-registered).
- When I clicked on the link, I got the following message:

"Could not confirm your account, activation link expired (3). Please repeat the signup procedure."

Absolutely same problem. Login is OK. I believe Gixen/ebay link should be solved in this place exactly
Seedtick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been able to successfully enter a couple of snipes today. Fixed?
Seedtick
equinoxygene

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem has been solved.
The inability to change passwd remains.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please can you start a new thread about the inability to change the password ?
Ge2Meh2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Cannot add new snipes Reply with quote

Overnight, the problem disappeared. Today, when I logged in, I had to change my password and after that, adding snipes just worked.
Thanks !
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to change your password on Gixen for your Gixen id, or on Ebay for your Ebay id ?
Fordman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I figured if I waited a day or two things would work out. As such, It did. I can now add new bids without issue (eBay item #192256372543). Didnt have to change my Gixen.net password are anything.

One thing I learned from a programmer years ago, sometimes the clock on the server has to go in to the next calendar day for programs to sometimes work as intended.

If I have any more issues with this same problem, I'll post again. If not, I'll consider the problem fixed for good on my end and no further responses from me.

If I have a new unrelated issue, I'll start a new thread.

Thanks for the help,

Fordman
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reporting back to us Fordman, it is appreciated.

Yes, any new unrelated issues on a new thread, that is helpful too.

So, it will be a pleasure to see you again, on a new thread, though hopefully that won't be necessary and everything works for your account from now on.
John

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject: Problem has returned Reply with quote

Again, I am unable to add new snipes. I keep getting the error: "Could not add this item (<item number>)(1, -1)."

I tried logging out then back in on Gixen.net multiple times with no success (the login works and I see previous snipes, but no new ones can be added). I have also verified that the Gixen third-party authorization is still active on ebay.

In addition, any attempt to edit an existing snipe causes the snipe to be deleted!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Please email me and include your Gixen and eBay usernames. Also include reference to this forum thread.
V

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Cannot add snipes Reply with quote

Since the turnover, I am unable to add new snipes as well. I also keep getting the error: "Could not add this item (<item number>)(1, -1)."

I followed all the steps most people have on this thread with no luck. I will send an email with my info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.