Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Trouble authorizing account

View previous topic :: View next topic  
football_georgie58

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Trouble authorizing account Reply with quote

Hi there, I am having a bit of trouble authorizing my account for the new procedures. I get as far as logging into eBay, then I am told that too many users are trying to authorize at the moment and I should try again in 60 minutes. I have reattempted this around 10 times over the last 2 days with the same results.

Am I just being unlucky with my timing or have I somehow messed up the authorization procedure? I can somehow log in at gixen.net and set snipes there, but when logging in at gixen.com I am told that I can't set snipes until I authorize the account?

Kind regards
football_georgie58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*I have just checked and as of today I can't actually log in to gixen.net at all anymore, so please ignore that part.
twobuckles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The system seems to have gone haywire since the new login to eBay procedure was introduced. I followed the procedure to authorise with eBay and all seemed well. Then I found that I had the same item (272774272351) twice in the auction list so I deleted one of them only to find both disappeared. When I try to add the item clicking on the Add button just clears the fields - no error message. Clicking on the "Add to Gixen" button in the listing results in "Temporarily disabled". I have tried adding a different user but get the "Error -2929. This means that too many users are trying to authorize at the same time. Please wait 60 minutes, then repeat the re-auth procedure." message.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't log in here on gixen.com with your new Gixen credentials, yet... that will be possible in a few weeks time, but not yet.

Once you have transitioned your account do not attempt to log in anywhere with your Ebay credentials...Gixen does not require them any more. If you do so you will just get asked to transition again.. which is not what you want to do.

If you can't log into gixen.net with your new credentials you may need to reset your Gixen password using this link:

https://www.gixen.net/forgotpassword.pgp

twobuckles,

Please can you start a new thread with your other issues and we will take it from there.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am    Post subject:

football_georgie58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I'll continue trying but right now I am still getting error 2929. I guess there are simply too many people trying to authorize their account right now, so I'll wait some time.

I understand that you are doing all you can and I appreciate this!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am investigating this. Apparently only some (very few) users are having this problem, it's not a capacity issue. I will post an update as soon as I figure out what is wrong.
football_georgie58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for confirming this and for looking into the issue!

All I can think is that there is an underscore in my username which the registration didn't like. I tried to bypass this with the username "footballgeorgie58" with no underscore but I still received error 2929.

The actual problem might be completely unrelated to this, but it is still worth a mention just in case!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As reported elsewhere, I've got two accounts with this issue, mine and my wifes... are you sure that it is
mario wrote:
very few
?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Smile. Please try registering again now, I believe I found and fixed the issue.
football_georgie58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I'm still getting an error but now with a different error code, it says "Error -1529. This means that too many users are trying to register at the same time. "
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

Well it's progress, of sorts... Mine went through OK after that fix.

If you've tried it a couple more times and are getting that same error I'd recommend reverting to the support email given on the Contact tab above... That goes straight to Mario...

In this case please can you supply both your Ebay id and the Gixen id that you are trying to set up and send the email from the email address that you are registering against that account.

Mario is very busy, but he's doing a great job of getting through the messages as quickly as he can.
football_georgie58

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no joy unfortunately, still getting error 1529. I'll give Mario an email as you said.

I do appreciate you all going out your way to help in any case!
twobuckles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Please can you start a new thread with your other issues and we will take it from there.

All the issues I have are described either in this thread or others so I don't think it helpful to start another thread.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK twobuckles,

Thanks for getting back to us...

If you would like Mario to look into the issues with your account on a personal basis please email him direct.

Otherwise, please feel free to contribute to the threads that highlight each of your issues, and by doing so promote their significance here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.