Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Error - Duplicate key Value - User name already exists

View previous topic :: View next topic  
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Error - Duplicate key Value - User name already exists Reply with quote

Just tried to create a new style Gixen account, but it would not let me use my eBay User Name as it contains * and _ so I picked just my name.

I got the confirmation email and clicked on the link to pair my eBay account

I logged into eBay and agreed to allow Gixen access which worked OK

But then when it returned me to Gixen it displayed this error

Warning: pg_exec() [function.pg-exec]: Query failed: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "users_username_key" DETAIL: Key (username)=(sandra) already exists. in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/gixen.net/database.php on line 41
Thank you. Now you can log in using the login on top of this page using your Gixen username and password.

So it looks like I have given another Gixen user access to my eBay account ???

Your system does not seem to check a name is available at the start of the process.

I would much prefer to keep my eBay & Gixen user names the same
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried several times to do it again with different user name but keep getting this new error message

Error -2929. This means that too many users are trying to authorize at the same time. Please wait 20 minutes, then repeat the re-auth procedure.

However, when my husband did his account it worked first time !
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try again now. If it doesn't work please email me and include your username.
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Need Help with new account Reply with quote

OK, I have now managed to complete the procedure but,

1. None of my items are showing in the new account

2. The new account does not know I have paid and won't let me use the mirror site or set the delays ???

3. My old account is still working so will they both try to bid on the same item ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Need Help with new account

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like the transition has not worked properly Sandra.

If it had you would no longer be able to log into your old account with your Ebay credentials.

Mario is the only one that can confirm this... apart from here he can be contact via email at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above. In this case please supply both your Ebay id and your new Gixen id.
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've found the account transfer form Smile

Will give it a go...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, your message cam in while I was off requesting to transfer my account.

I haven't confirmed the TRF yet, so I will wait for Mario to reply to my email that I'm about to send.

Thanks
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Two Accounts active Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
It does sound like the transition has not worked properly Sandra.

If it had you would no longer be able to log into your old account with your Ebay credentials.

Mario is the only one that can confirm this... apart from here he can be contact via email at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above. In this case please supply both your Ebay id and your new Gixen id.

I think you are right as I am still getting Gixen emails asking me to link my eBay account...

Anyhow, I have emailed Mario all the details and will wait for him to reply

Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sandra,

My suspicion is that it is still related to you and someone else choosing exactly the same Gixen id... As you quite rightly pointed out in your first post that situation needs handling very carefully right at the start of the transition.
*sandra_b*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject: Two Accounts active Reply with quote

Not heard back from Mario since he said he was looking into it yesterday...

However, both accounts are still active and the new one still does not recognise I have previously paid so I can't setup mirror timings or anything ???

Should I allow the transfer to proceed ?

Also I copied my listings across to the new account, 1st one ends in about 9 hours, what will happen if they both try to bid on the same item ???
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too much of an issue if you get more bids via the same Ebay account just using different technology... Ebay doesn't make you pay more as a result of more bids on the same account... it's only when different Ebay accounts bid against one another that the price goes up.

I think we should allow Mario to complete his investigation and get back to you... I know he is very busy.. and that it is frustrating... Also keep posting on this thread till it gets resolved... that way it keeps getting pushed back to the top of the list, at least here on the Support forum. Mario is also visiting here on a regular basis, as you can see from his posts here.

It would also be useful, to the community, if you could report back when it is resolved too. I appreciate that might not be your top priority once you are sorted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.