Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suspicious Email

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beiderbecke1927

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Suspicious Email Reply with quote

This morning I received an email, ostensibly from Mario at Gixen, urging me to change my username and password because Gixen was changing their way of operating. The wording seemed odd, somehow off, and the whole thing seemed suspicious. I didn't find any notice about this supposed change here. Have others received this email?

Usually my Gmail filters are very sensitive, and things like this go straight to spam, but this was in my inbox.
bob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes same here, talking about gixen.net about sign up there and all data will be transitioned to .com later. Yet no mention of it here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to post something similar. I received the email but thought I would check on here first to make sure it was legit. No mention of it here. Here is the contents of the email:

"Dear Gixen user,

The changes previously announced are now in effect.

Gixen is now integrated with eBay very efficiently, and sign up to select Gixen username and password will shortly be mandatory if you want to add new snipes. Gixen will never ask for your eBay password again.

So far a large number of users have already transitioned their accounts, and the transition seems to be smooth for most. Please do the same as soon as possible, as there is no catch, and there is no downside to this. Once you complete the process, all your scheduled snipes, settings and history will be preserved.

You can register and transition your account now at hxxps://uuu.gixen.net/register.php. The new backend will be moved from uuu.gixen.net back to uuu.gixen.com on or around Aug 4th.

Mario (Gixen operator).

P.S. Bids already scheduled will execute even without transition, but I urge you to complete the sign-up / transition anyway, as the new backend gives you an unprecendented reliability.
"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email had proper links but I replaced them with hxxps: and uuu.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

kyrayfran10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Suspicious Email Reply with quote

I also received the same email. I also find it very suspicious because I have not read anything similar in the original site gixen.com or in these forums, and I have not relied on the message. Is this transition about Gixen access system true?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's legitimate, I sent that email.

Gixen is moving away from login with eBay credentials - you have to create Gixen username and password.
dwassa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Password change Reply with quote

Mario, I was surprised not to find any mention of the change on the home screen. I too was very wary of an email that asked for password.
kyrayfran10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Password change Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your confirmation Mario. I have just created my user, and linked to my Ebay account, and I can access correctly to my scheduled snipes.
rastapapa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Cant link account Reply with quote

I went ahead with the link and everytime I try to authorize my account, it sends me to ebay with a message saying that Ive logged out. Logging back in doesnt seem to connect with gixen.net at all.

I got rather worried at this point that this had been a successful pfishing scam, but I feel a bit better knowing that the email was indeed from you, Mario.

At this point Im unsure how to proceed to get my ebay account linked. Every effort to use the activation link seems to just sign me out from ebay and nothing else. Can you help?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rastapapa,

Please email Mario direct at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above (it is also the address the email requesting that you re-register came from, so you could just reply to that), include your Ebay id, and (if you now have one) your Gixen id ... but don't send any passwords that way.
Yaz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Email from Gixen apropos change of log in details. Reply with quote

mario wrote:
It's legitimate, I sent that email.

Gixen is moving away from login with eBay credentials - you have to create Gixen username and password.

Hello Mario. I am so relieved that this is NOT a scam. Both my husband and I use Gixen and he was suspicious of the email given there had been no prior warning about the impending transition. I went ahead and changed my details before my husband mentioned his concern (we have separate accounts). I have been feeling sick with anxiety concerning this. Reading that all is kosher has been an immense relief for me.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaz, I am quite sorry I caused this anxiety. I sent one email a while ago, however it seems that many users have not received it. AOL and Hotmail are particularly bad at filtering out emails without option for users to check a spam folder or similar. They just delete them, and users never know.
ozibunge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Email from Gixen about login change Reply with quote

Mario, I have tried the link in the email but it does not work. I get a message saying 'The requested URL /register.php. was not found on this server.' Can you put something on Gixen Home that can be accessed to make the change.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sign up button - only on gixen.net, not gixen.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.