Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Verification code required by eBay, could not log in

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Verification code required by eBay, could not log in Reply with quote

Snipe failed on 162330636918 with above error. First failure in a long time. More eBay nonsense or are there Gixen issues? Any way to (proactively) avoid this?

Have no problem logging in to eBay (or Gixen). Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario has recently reported that this is now rarely an account issue..

So if others are experiencing the same issue, Mario may, once again, have to look into the interaction between the Gixen and Ebay servers, behind the scenes.
nan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, afaik it is not an account issue. However, I do recall that on my last logon eBay prompted me to confirm my phone and I chose "maybe later". This was earlier today (before the snipe). Could that be the source of the problem?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it could.

If Gixen encounters it, I suspect it doesn't know how to push the 'Maybe Later' button programmatically... and if so it would not be able to get any further.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject:

Dude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happened to me. Missed out on an item that only pops up once or twice a year (172468531225). I've used Gixen several times in the past successfully so I was surprised, abd obviously disappointed, when my bid wasn't placed
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advice would be that, if Ebay ever prompts you to confirm or add information, that you do so as soon as possible.
pau00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Another common reason for Gixen login failure Reply with quote

Another common reason for Gixen login failure is eBay requesting account verification (rather than a captcha). A solution is as follows:
Open a new tab IN THE SAME BROWSER. Go to ebay.com. Sign out, then try to sign back in. EBay will ask a security question + send a verification code to your email or phone. Answer the question, enter the code, and confirm contact information to complete the login. Stay logged in to eBay. Go back to Gixen tab (IN THE SAME BROWSER) and try loging in to Gixen again -- it should work now.
Mr.Miam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received this error on the Miami mirror. I was outbid on the auction anyhow so no great loss.

I'll try the suggestion above and will be bidding on a pretty rare item tomorrow, hope it works!
Mr.Maim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That procedure seems to have worked. I did not receive the error. Lost the auction regardless. Crying or Very sad The prices some people pay for stuff! Very Happy
DefaultGen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Another common reason for Gixen login failure Reply with quote

pau00 wrote:
Another common reason for Gixen login failure is eBay requesting account verification (rather than a captcha). A solution is as follows:
Open a new tab IN THE SAME BROWSER. Go to ebay.com. Sign out, then try to sign back in. EBay will ask a security question + send a verification code to your email or phone. Answer the question, enter the code, and confirm contact information to complete the login. Stay logged in to eBay. Go back to Gixen tab (IN THE SAME BROWSER) and try loging in to Gixen again -- it should work now.

Thanks, I'm guessing I was getting this error because Ebay was asking me if I wanted to update my phone number or something. After clicking through the prompt, I haven't had the issue in about a week.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is correct... any information requested by Ebay that Gixen is unable to provide is going to cause a login failure here on Gixen...

This is why I recommend (as in my previous post above) always supplying such information as soon as you see Ebay asking you for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: the button \"Maybe later\" Reply with quote

"doesn't know how to push the 'Maybe Later' button programmatically... and if so it would not be able to get any further."

Gixen should program the detection and submission of "Maybe later",
because "any further" from there is the normal operation.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to a certain extent... However, bear in mind that, the additional prompts that Ebay introduce are changed on a very regular basis... though they may look similar to you as a browser of their website.

Also when these features appear and disappear on peoples accounts is unpredictable, and thus adding 'detection and submission' software to Gixen is challenging and very difficult to test in the real world.

The best advice still has to remain that users take some responsibility for dealing with the extra barriers that Ebay throw up, from time to time and once dealt with go away once more for those accounts.
bmah178

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still getting this verification code error. Over the past several weeks, I've attempted to contact Mario but have not gotten any reply; I assume he's quite busy. Here is my general history:

March 20:
I am having trouble on numerous occasions lately in regards to GIXEN being unable to execute any bids for the past 3 auctions I've attempted.
Two of the failures occurred about a week ago after using GIXEN on my laptop. The error message stated was something to the effect that eBay has blocked the bid because it's asking for a verification code which GIXEN obviously cannot input itself. Please note that I have not incorrectly input my password lately through either GIXEN nor eBay. In fact, after first getting the error message, I decided to log out of eBay and log back in. Apparently that didn't make a difference. After reading some troubleshooting threads, it was largely suggested to try again at least 24 hours later.
Zoom ahead a week to this past Sunday (yesterday) - plenty of time between my previously failed bids - and GIXEN once again failed to execute a bid for the same reason of eBay requiring a verification code. After feeling I've done my due diligence, I'm asking for your help.

My eBay username is: bmah178

---

After this, I managed to get one successful snipe executed last week.

---

March 26:
However, earlier today, a snipe I had failed once again for the same verification code reason.

I then found a page with instructions that supposedly fixes the issue (link called "Why did this snipe fail?").
Tried to follow the instructions, but when I get to the step of verifying that I'm connected to the proxy server, the page fails to load on my Google Chrome, nevermind show whether I'm connected or not.

(the failed ebay item in question: 352009368617)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology if I haven't responded. Please do not use socks proxy, this does not help any longer, and I have, in fact, shut it down.

I recommend that you change your ebay password and then try again. In most cases this helps.
bmah178

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mario - changing my password fixed the issue. I hope this doesn't happen too frequently though...
guest 123098

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friday, I had a problem with only one mirror failing and needing verification or whatever, while the bids were still going through on the other server lol...

Today, they are both going through with no problems!
gunrunnerjohn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Can't login to Gixen Reply with quote

I'm having an issue logging into Gixen, and none of the reasons specified applies. I haven't changed my password, but I can login to eBay without any issue and without any prompts for information. What can I do to get around this? I just went to eBay and got right in, no prompts for info, no captcha, etc. I don't see what I can do to get around this!

Quote:
Wrong password, or your password may not be strong enough, resulting in eBay requesting captcha verification code. If you are sure your password is correct, please read below.

eBay refused your password. Please check the following:

1) If you changed your eBay password, it may take up to 24 hours for you to be able to log in to Gixen. This is because it is common for eBay to inserts captcha images in that time period, preventing Gixen from logging in on your behalf.

2) Try to log in with the same username/password combination directly at the ebay website. If this fails, you have to resolve the problem with ebay directly.

3) If you use multiple languages / locales, check that your keyboard is set to the right one.

4) Some special characters presented a problem for Gixen in the past. If you use an unusual character in your ebay password, please let us know what it is (never email your full password, just the character in question).

5) If you changed your ebay password, the new password applies to Gixen as well. All the snipes scheduled with the old password are invalid and you have to re-enter them. You can no longer see the old sniping entries.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever managed to log into Gixen ?

If you ever have then Gixen will have a one way hash of your password stored which it checks against before checking back with Ebay. The result of this function is that you can only ever get locked out of Gixen if you present a password that is different from the one you successfully used previously, and then Ebay refuses to accept it, either because it is wrong or because Ebay requests further verification.

If there is any doubt at all, don't use passwords saved in your browser, type it in again from scratch.

In any case the blockage, put in place by Ebay, is usually relaxed within a day or so.

If you can't find any resolution after that, and your password is not a strong one then Mario does recommend changing your password to one that is more complicated and then waiting a further day before trying to log into Gixen once more with that new password.

If none of that provides a resolution then please send an email to Mario direct at the support address given on the 'Contact' tab above, and please include your Ebay id (but never your password) when you do so.
edwardseco

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY

I change the password and it works for a few days then fails again.

No communication from the Ebay side that there is a problem. This started recently.

As they say in India, what to do?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you noticed any prompts from Ebay, for extra information, when you log in from home?...

Or when you try to place a bid manually?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No indication of any sort from Ebay. It can be quite disruptive in multiple bids since cost can not be spread over multiple items. Its working again for the moment. I like the convenience and subscribed to the upgrade. I'll watch it over the next few weeks.
unkakev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: verification Reply with quote

I had 7 snipes set up on ebay UK checked them this morning and all had that error message but interestingly i think the snipes went through as i won 4 of them - logged out ebay US and ebay UK logged in and was asked to confirm a mobile number they already had - doh! I have on occasion seen this before it is a rarity, not gixen's fault just a quirk of ebay - there were around 20 snipes set in 2 countries so . .
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the snipes went through my guess is that they were only cancelled on one of the servers... Ebay doesn't necessarily target these confirmation requests to all locations at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.