Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID\"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harami2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: \"CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID\" Reply with quote

Hello - quick question as I've been left high-and-dry by this "CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID" error that cancelled the majority of my snipes, but only after I won the first few auctions.

Many of the rest were sold cheaply because of my bid cancellations and I'll now be struggling to reach the seller's minimum purchase total for free shipping...

Is this error because of eBay "flood" protection - i.e. too many snipes placed within a few seconds of each others - and, if so, could a warning please be placed somewhere obvious?

The previous 2014/15 thread that I'm directed to states other reasons but is now locked; gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22803#22803 .
I'm a subscriber to the mirror server, for what that's worth, and no passwords have been changed recently.

auctions: 371985933465, 371985933542, 292155722111, etc.

Many thanks & Best wishes, as ever.
harami2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(update)

eBay hadn't locked me out, so I re-entered all the snipes that should still have been pending and several dozen new snipes.

Same problem again!

"CANCELED - SIGN IN NOT VALID" showing on about 15 snipes but this time the system did not cancel some of the later snipes.

See: 391820216357, 292155889085, 292155888948, 391820180918 for example.

Frustrating again because I still need to get to $200 for free shipping but more than half my snipes have been cancelled.
Same seller, so the obvious suggestion is that this might be due to many snipes being placed at about the same time and "flood control" from eBay?

Any input much appreciated, thank you!
harami2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... I didn't scroll up and down far enough down and cannot edit my previous message, apologies.

That should read several dozen NEW failures (including some of the second batch, e.g. 391820180918, 391820170696) due to "CANCELED - VERIFICATION CODE REQUIRED BY EBAY"
following on from a large number of "Verification code required by eBay, could not log in" messages, e.g. 391820170790

Same net result of totally messing up my bids, anyhow!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apology for this - this happens when eBay inserts captchas, preventing bids from being placed. While I am working on minimizing occurrence of this, this can still happen.

I am working on more permanent solution for this that should take a few months to deploy.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject:

moonbop

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Gixen not accepting bids - no email from eBay Reply with quote

I do not have an email from eBay so I cant update anything so Gixen is now useless. It' doesnt work at all. My bid was GBP 17 but the item sold for GBP 2.50 which means nobody but the first bidder actually managed to bid on it. I'm glad I do not sell by auction. Time toi use a nother snipe programme. It was good while it lasted but Gixen is now dead in the water. The email I received warning me of this was inaccurate. There is no fix as eBay has not communicated anything whatsoever. All I get was an eMail from Gixen stating.

Status (main): Sign in information is not valid.
Status (mirror): Sign in information is not valid.

The instructions to solve this issue fall down at point 1. as there is no email from eBay regarding the snipe
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this issue persists for more than a day, then Mario's advice is now to change your Ebay password to one that is more difficult to guess, and then set up your snipes from scratch again.

Before doing that I advise you to take a note of all your scheduled snipes, and then cancel them... so that there are no remnants of your old credentials associated with any snipes that are scheduled on Gixen, that could cause Gixen to attempt to log in with the wrong credentials, which could potentially prolong this problem for you.
Maffer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me for the first time today.

No issues with eBay account, no messages asking to change passwords etc so a little confused. Have logged out of eBay acccount and reset the snipes which are still in time. Will see if the next one works in 30 minutes.
Maffer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that worked for now. Snipe worked. Will see if the next batch through the rest of the evening work or if it gets tripped again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.